“5 stars!”

Ranked #14 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Organic farm veggies and market fish arrive daily. Our main attraction is the chef's crew production which changes daily according to availability. Organic wine list and Botanical Bar. No reservations. Limited seating.
Rincon, Puerto Rico
“5 stars!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried Verde Mesa at the suggestion Ina friend. The restaurant is delightfully decorated and well lit with cozy but classy decor. We were enthusiastically welcomed by the staff.

Our food was creative an healthy and the menu selection was very good. It was difficult to pick from all the choices.

I had seared tuna and couscous and my colleagues had the mahi. We all were happy with our meals - presentation - flavor - creativity and portion size

Three of us ate for under $100 including dessert. We did not have alcohol

The owner stopped at our table and she was delightful and genuine. We really enjoyed our visit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Providence, RI
“fabulous food, wonderful staff, beautiful interior”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I just came fromVerde Mesa. I stumbled upon it by accident and the curb appeal drew me in. Beuatiful interior. Small and intimate. The staff were caring and personal, and I felt like a valued guest in their personal space. Food is delicious and flavorful, expertly prepared and presented. Nice and reasonably priced wine list. I see from other reviewers that the organic commitment is well described elsewhere. The food is respected.

I ordered a small loaf of the artisanal bread to take with me for tomorrow's breakfast in my rented apartment, and it smells so good I''ve eaten half of it already tonight.

I have a few more days in Old San juan and will go back with some friends.

• Visited January 2013
Madison, Connecticut
“Superb Boutique Restaurant”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

With one of the owners having spent time in France, what could you expect but interesting food in a charming atmosphere. They took care of twelve of us tonight, a bit of a feat when we arrive for what appears to be a no reservations policy. We had a shared a wonderful catch of the day, the well known basamati rice entree, the salmon, and numerous starters, including the large mixed hors doeuves. Desserts were excellent too. I think it's a not to be missed.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great veggie food & service!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I found out this place after walking through la Capilla del Cristo, the place immediately captured our attention due to its beautiful vintage decor so we entered. Since it is a relatively small place we had to wait for a table (but not more than 15 mins), but the wait was worth it. Our server (Fernando) was extremely friendly and he took the time to explain to us how most of the products they use are locally, and organically, grown and "invited us" to taste the different types of organic juices they have.

The food was extremely good, I had a salad and my companion had the salmon (perfectly made). The servers in general were very attentive and though it is a little bit pricey, the place is one of the few veggie restaurants in San Juan that are open after 7:00PM. I totally recommend going to this place on a week day (when there's probably not that much people/rush).

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Estrella P
“Terrible”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The place is beautifully decorated, but the service was not so good and the food was terrible but prices were high. When we went, the place was full and we had to wait almost an hour, however we suppose people have found out it is not so good as it seemed.

Visited August 2012