“Poor Food!”

Air Margaritaville
Ranked #778 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stoneham, Quebec, Canada
“Poor Food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Drinks are great but food is below average. But then again, at the airport there is not a lot of choice.

Visited July 2013

“Accessible at Airport”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Like most restaurants at SJU, it is a bit overpriced. The food was surprisingly good and service was prompt. If you have time for a sit down meal while you board, try Air Margaritaville near the American Airlines terminal.

Visited August 2012
UK
“if I could rate '0' they would get it”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

-let me start by saying I am fair. look at my other reviews. but I am hard pushed to find anything worthy to writer of my experience here.

-.I realised there was going to be a problem when we waited an eternity to be seated.
- I watched with concern people frantic, who had been waiting for breakfast so long, their plane was called and they were desperate to have it in take out boxes.

-So we were seated. after waiting for again for an eternity we given a menu. we were clear that we DO NOT EAT PORK an so wished to have the breakfast without bacon.
-drinks were very slow and the fresh orange tasted like cheap carton stuff

-our food arrived .... with bacon on .. we complained... reminded them that they wrote our order on paper.... why was there bacon.... our breakfast was taken away.
-again we waited and the food came back. two freezing cold eggs. one slice of toast and one hash brown. all cold. I knew they had NOT re-cooked this, simply taken the bacon off and left a some time before coming back. offended.

-I looked around, other complaining about the length of time for food and bills. people had planes to catch. again complain for what... no one was interested.

-the food is shoddy for the price, the portions are tiny, the service is slow and their care of customers is shameful.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank turnbull
Winter Park, Colorado
“Why would you do this to yourself?”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Jimmy Buffet should be ashamed of this. BS island style Applebees wannabe.

We were on a layover on our way back to the states in the most over priced airport I've been to yet, and hungry as hell. The place was clean. The staff was cordial. I'll be upfront here, I don't like places like this in the first place. The fact that the food these places pass off is low quality and our society is now trained to think the opposite is a discussion for another time and place. That being said, this review is real and unbiased. The food didn't taste bad or spoiled. The problem I have with Air Margaritaville is that it was extremely overpriced!!! We looked at the menu and couldn't believe our eyes. We have no problem paying a lot for food but you have to get what you pay for. In a place like this, you know what you're getting. We decided to split a chicken quesadilla and try to hold out until Miami, where quite possibly, the best airport restaurant exists. Our quesadilla: one 14" tortilla with some low quality cheese and a few chunks of chicken folded over and dry toasted and seasoned with what looked like chili powder and cut into four segments, and served with salsa, broken sour cream and guacamole on some scratch iceberg lettuce. All for the low low price of $21 with tax and tip. What is that? Everything on that plate had a total food cost of $1.50-$2.00. Put that against a menu cost of $15.49, 'ol Jimmy's raking it in. If you're going to give me this garbage, then at least don't rob me blind. Yeah, we didn't have to eat there. But we were hungry and needed something. For what we spent, we could've bought a decent 20# bag of dog food and done better. The food we got was a good indicator of the rest of what was to be had there. Won't do it again Jimmy. The shame on you won't be a shame on me buddy.

• Visited May 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Trip back home”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were headed back to Kansas City and had time o have one last drink before boarding our flight and stopped at Air Margaritaville. Met Jimmy man years ago in St.Thomas and it was fun to see pictures of him as I remember him. Have not been to a concert, yet love his music and all my kids have grown up listening to him sing. the drinks were good, service was good, price was better than the resort we stayed in, restaurant was clean, french fries were hot, salty and plenty of ketchup. Overall, nothing to complain about. Everything would have been perfect if we could have stayed longer...

• Visited April 2013