Tripadvisor
San Juan
1,953 results
All reviews north tower across the street jean paul front desk puerto rico old san juan yogurt free breakfast the breakfast area king suite ocean view within walking distance the general manager ropa vieja ashford avenue open hours beach chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had a destination wedding in PR and used this hotel for family and friends for our hotel block. Best decision ever. It’s right by the beach, the lobby was always clean , the staff is always helpful. My only complaint is the breakfast isn’t great, but it’s free and hot so what can you do? The rooms are always clean, whoever manages this hotel, great job! And thank you for a wonderful wedding week!

Trip type: Traveled with family
228henryn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Congratulations on the Wedding!!

We are delighted you and your party enjoyed the Wedding Weekend on our beautiful island. Thank you for recognizing the service provided by our team. As you mention, we have a great location just steps from restaurants, shops and a block from the beach. The hotel has two on site restaurants, Ropa Vieja and Cookie House Bistro. Thank you for choosing us. We look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed after being on a cruise, everything was perfect. They stored my bags in frontdesk, the check-in time was at 3pm and they called me at 1pm indicating that the room is already available. The staff is amazing especially the frontdesk staff. I will be back next year and I will book in Condado Palm Best Western

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mikhaelq2020
228henryn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Mikhael,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the stay and the service during the visit. We look forward to seeing you again. For our best rates please feel free to conact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Well, I always hate writing reviews that aren't very positive, but here goes.

We stayed at the Condado Palm Inn/BW Plus for four nights and didn't love our experience. I feel that I'm being generous giving three starts here, as it was barely average.

Right off the bat, we noticed that our safe in our room was broken, which meant we couldn't lock up our money or passports, etc. That was frustrating. Then we noticed that most of the outlets in the room didn't work, so we couldn't all be charging phones at the same time. Also very frustrating. For our tower, only one elevator was working, so at any given time you had to wait a while to go up or down. We were on the 5th floor, which was just a little to high up to take the stairs for us. Also time consuming & frustrating.

Our room was incredibly humid, despite the A/C running. Every evening we'd get back to our room and the sheets and our clothes, everything, was damp. It was gross and maybe the worst part of our stay. We also killed half a dozen mosquitoes in our room, which was just disgusting. We each woke up in the morning with mosquito bites, which was a bummer. Even the room set up was inconvenient. There were three of us sharing the room and in the bathroom there was only one hook for towels, etc.--at a beach hotel. So we had no where to hang our swimsuits, beach towels, bath towels, etc. The bathroom was also tiny--you can barely turn around in it, and there was no mirror outside the bathroom, so getting ready in the morning was a long, aggravating process.

I can't comment much on breakfast, as we only ate it once at the hotel. We found it to be pretty average hotel breakfast and after the first time chose to walk to a nearby restaurant instead.

Really the only positives I can think of for this hotel were that we did enjoy the pool and hot tub and that the location was really good, just a block or so from the beach with lots of restaurants nearby. That said, next time I would absolutely pay the extra money to stay around the corner at the Marriott. My friend summed it up best--this was one of the sketchiest hotels we have ever stayed in.

1  Thank CarrieD1979

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for stay and review. Our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction. I wish we could have spoken during the stay as a I am sur, we could have fixed everything and provided an excellent experience for you and your party. As you mention, we did have one elevator down during the weekend of your stay. The broken part needed to fix it was not available on the island and we had to fly it in from the continental US. It has been fixed and is fully functional. I personally discuss your comments about the room with our housekeeping and engineering teams. If there is anything that I may assist you with, please feel free to reach me at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here from 06. 12. 2019. to 21. 12. 2019.
Hotel was arranged for us since we traveled for work.
After our second day we needed to ask for a change of the room since constuction work noise was extremely loud. Very bad manners. They should inform us upon booking!
We were transfered to an ”old” wing of the hotel. It was ok but it did smelled like mold. Big time.
First morning up on our arrival we tried to have some breakfast, but it was (and I am putting this nicely!) really bad. Scrambled eggs tasted like a rubber yolks, oatmeal was packed with sugar, jams, cheeses and everything else (including coffie cups!) was packed in plastics!
Really?!
So we had breakfasts for 2 weeks in other diners around Condado area.
If we ever go back- this hotel would NEVER be our choice.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Henry N, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Hi Milena,

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the noise during those days. I will personally share your comments with our housekeeping and kitchen teams. Our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction. I wish we could have spoken during your stay, as I am sure everything could have been resolved to your satisfaction. If I can be of assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

I visit Puerto Rico often and always stay here! Hotels in Condado tend to be expensive, but in my experience, Condado Palm always has the best deals. The staff is very hospitable, ROOMS ARE UPDATED AND CLEAN, and hotel is centrally located in a very walkable part of the city. It is a block away from the beach and just a short Uber ride away from Old San Juan. I feel like the Condado Palm is a hidden gem and as someone who used to live on the island, I like giving it a shout out every so often. :)

Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when revisiting the island. We are glad you enjoyed the stay, our service, new rooms and central location. Condado is San Juan's main tourist district, where most of the major hotels are located. You should try our restaurants Ropa Vieja and Cookie House during your stay. For our best rates, please contact me directly at Hneumann@condadopalm.com or 787-648-8834.