“Great San Juan Charm”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel in June of this year. Overall a pleasant experience! We stayed on an upper floor suite...

Good: Location, Location, Location... Only about a block from the beach and in an area of Condado that is very happening at night! The breakfast buffet was just right... The front desk service was outstanding! Elevators were always available and were quick!

Bad: It has a very small pool... If you aren't planning on using it then no issue, if you are like me, and hit the beach for a while and then want a break, you might be disappointed in it... The suites do not have doors on the bedroom (At least ours did not)... This is OK unless you have someone else staying with you on the couch bed!

Over-All: Not too bad at all. I would stay there again if we were there alone... Make sure you get a room up high enough to insulate you from the sounds of the city nightlife... Or better yet, go and participate in it!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room up high enough to insulate you from the sounds of the city nightlife... Or...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Scott H

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice. First time here, no complaints, but the breakfast menu needs a bit more options. Same thing eveyday not kool !!! And the workers at the front desk was really friendly !!! Definitely will be back at this hotel next year hopefully with a better breakfast !!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank msthinkingbaby
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hola!
Thank you for staying with us. I was happy to read that you received friendly service from the staff throughout your stay. I am sorry our complimentary daily hot breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We will definitely use your comments to see how we can improve in this area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient location – a short walk to the beach, lots of restaurants nearby and a Walgreens opposite. Old San Juan is walkable, or a short taxi ride, from here as well. The only downside to the location is that it is on a busy street and tends to be very noisy. Bring earplugs! Some reviewers have mentioned that there are homeless people begging in the area. There are, but they truly aren’t a nuisance.
Good things – my room was clean, the staff at the reception desk are friendly and helpful, the pool looks nice, microwave and reasonably sized fridge in the room were very useful, and the aircon is efficient. I had a corner room on the 8th floor, which was quite large and comfortable – I was pleased with the amount of space. The bed and pillows were fine. All of the furnishings and décor looked reasonably new. I didn’t have any problems with noise from neighbouring rooms. Wifi is free and there is an iPod dock. Beach towels are provided at reception, which is great. I could see the sea from my window, which is always nice. And it isn’t expensive.
The breakfast is not the best ever, but perfectly adequate and regularly replenished, so you won’t go hungry, although sometimes it was hard to find a free table.
Bad things – the housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. Toiletries were rarely replaced and neither were the disposable coffee cups. I once had to ask for my towels to be replaced as they hadn’t been changed that day, and was still waiting five hours later – they turned up after I contacted reception several times. My friends, who were staying on the 12th floor, found a cockroach in their bathroom and were disturbed by construction work at 6 am. (My room was completely insect free and I didn’t hear any construction noise, luckily.)
In both cases, the reception staff were extremely apologetic and gave us a discount. I appreciated this, but it would have been nicer not to have had to complain.
Overall, though I was happy with this hotel and would use it again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank GBMember
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Hola!
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you found the hotel to be conveniently located close to restaurants and a short walk to the beach. We are currently updating the kitchenettes, bathrooms and balconies in the hotel and the balcony doors in the North Tower have all been replaced with sound proof glass. I do apologize that your friends were awoken early. I have reminded our construction crew not to start that early. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I typically stay at Best Westerns when we travel because we enjoy having breakfast at the hotel. We were pleased with many things at the Condado Palm but also found a few things to be puzzling. First the great things...we were pleasantly surprised by the size of our "suite". It exceeded our expectations and had a great balcony with a view of the ocean. Secondly the front desk staff was very helpful with recommendations for restaurants and follow-up on any questions we had. Our concerns were minor but at the same time slightly annoying; one day we came back to our room at about 4:30 pm after a long day out (read this as hot, tired, and sweaty) to find that our room hadn't yet been cleaned. We ended up staying by the pool until about 6 when the room was cleaned. Another issue we had involved using the front desk to help us book a rainforest tour. I had contacted the hotel well before our trip to ask if we needed to set it up in advance and was told to do when we arrived. By the time we got there, the trip we wanted to do was not available and we settled for a smaller tour. Not really a big deal in the end but really frustrating because I had asked before we left.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elonuga
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had originally booked a hotel in Manati since I was working in Arecibo, and I had changed my reservation the day before leaving and I am so glad I did.. Condado is a very happening place and there is no shortage of great food and sites (and the beach) within walking distance of the Best Western Plus. Great location !!! Hotel staff was extremely nice and check in was very fast. Room was very nice, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the entire trip was like a vacation every night after work. A short drive to Old San Juan and no shortage of great food, bars, shops. I would absolutely stay at the Best Western Plus again in the future.

Room Tip: Superb location for the price and very family friendly
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank tbv710
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Hola!
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you had a great stay, and that after hours on your business trip felt like a vacation. Please feel free to contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com for your next reservations, whether it be for business or with the family.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This was a one night stay prior to departing on a cruise. Location was excellent,. Restaurants, the beach, Wallgreen's, super market, casino, all within walking distance. The hotel was clean and priced right. The pool was small but the pool area was attractive. All common areas were well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was mediocre and served in a small cramped area. The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robinob
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Hola Robinob,
Thank you for staying with us. I was happy to read that you found the location to be excellent and that you received friendly attention from our staff throughout your stay. I am sorry that our daily complimentary hot breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at bbramsen@condadopalm.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

First off, the hotel is in a great location with great restaurants, easy access to highway, close to the airport and beautiful beach. The suites are really big with a kitchen and lots of places to stash things out of the way and big balcony.. The front desk is trying their best to be helpful but the communication seems to be at issue. We couldn't get into our room until 4:30 because the guests weren't checking out on time. It was clearly cleaned in a rush because I washed the dirty bathroom floor with a washcloth. It was not pretty. Housekeeping didn't come the next day until around 5pm when we were all in the room and it was a pain so we jut had the bathroom cleaned and got towels. They never came again the next day. And we had to call housekeeping when we first got there 4 times for sheets for the sleeper.

When we talked to the manager the last day, he was very apologetic and made it up to us by reducing our rate.

Breakfast is a nice feature. Hot eggs, muffins, oatmeal, cereal. Something for everyone. The biggest hassle is that the national soccer league office is right next to the elevators near the breakfast area. They hang out in front of the elevators and drag stuff back and forth during breakfast. It's a little chaotic. We were there during the World Cup, so maybe it was just the timing.

The hotel provides beach chairs and towels and its a minute walk to the beach.

Probably wouldn't stay again, but it worked this trip and ended up being a pretty good value.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor. Our "Partial Ocean View" in room 1210 was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcyKL
CondadoPalm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Hola MarcyKL,
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you liked the location of the hotel and found the suites to be spacious. I do apologize for the inconvenience your experienced with your room, but I am glad the situation was resolved to your satisfaction. I do hope you will give us another opportunity and I ask that you please contact me directly at bbramsen@condadopalm.com so I can assist you with your reservation.