“Absolutly never again”

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Massapequa, New York
“Absolutly never again”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

No hot water everyone complained main topic at bar, also air conditioner went out twice, the only thing going for this place is location. What's the point of washer dryers at 2.00 a load they never had quarters. Houskeeping I want their job they knock at 8:30 if you are not ready they don't come back my sons room not cleaned for 5 days try to get towels another joke can't even get them by the pool to take a cold shower . Try to sleep on sheets over a plastic mattress cover with no air you wanted to kill myself . My father was brought a portable air conditioner after 2nd night of no sleep. Was in room 1510 after moving from 1511 checked in at 3 in the morning bathroom door was locked no one could open it . Dust in bathroom vents so thick you don't want the air on!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
Carrboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed there from October 16-20, 2013. It was in a great location, near plenty of restaurants, the beach, and with a 24 hour Walgreens across the street. The breakfast buffet was very good. The only downside was the parking situation. We had to park down the street at a pubic lot with the parking pass provided by the hotel at a cheaper rate than the general public though. The staff was nice and we enjoyed our stay!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank christinnc
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello christinnc,

Thank you for taking the time to share you comments definitely our location and staff is the biggest advantages our Hotel offers. We also have a parking on site that charges ( $16.05 including tax ) for 24 hrs. Again, thank you for having chosen to stay with us. Hope to see you soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 24, 2013

From the minute of arrival with our rental car from the airport Sat 21DEC13 we were immediately welcomed. Jihan , so nice and patient , helping us with our room. parking, directions.
My husband is sick and also has sleep apenea, he had called the front desk to check if they had a fan and talked to Carlos, Carlos went above and beyond to help and made sure Felix had a fan. When we would pass by Carlos always made a point to check on us, to see if we needed anything.
Luis helped us with our trip to Ross Roads, with directions and safety advise. Also helped us with our sail boat trip.

Jean is also outstanding he helped us with our Cuelbr island trip. our daughter was looking forward to snorkeling and the PR islands, Jean made it so easy for us.

Please I hope you will reward, recoginize Jihan, Carlos, Luis and Jean, for there dedication, and outstanding courteous service to all the guests at the Best Western .

The hotel is beautiful, perfect location, rooms outstanding, best place to stay in Puerto Rico,

Room Tip: When your looking to come to Puerto Rio, plan to stay here. I traveled the world and this has been t...
2 Thank almostparadise1
Hello almost paradise 1,

Thank you for your review,we are very happy that you and your family enjoyed our property and Puerto Rico. I will make sure that our staff receives the recognition for the outstanding service. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Really nice hotel!!!
The lobby was very pretty and love the decoration. The room was very clean and the beds where very confy. The staff where very good and attend all our needs. The breakfast was delicious. And best of all it was buffett!! The location is excelent and near pharmacy like wallgreens and good restaurants.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank AmandaAlbertorio
Kansas
Reviewed December 22, 2013

You get what you pay for I guess. We got a great rate on a room here and the reviews at the time I booked were good so we decided to try this hotel. The good - you can walk to a nice beach. The bad and ugly: 1) none of us could sleep as there was music blaring until 4 or 5 in the morning and cars honking their horns all night. Not sure where it came from but I think there were a couple bars near the hotel. 2) the a/c ran constantly and could not get the room cooler than 75 degrees and it was humid in the room and the bedding felt damp as a result. A/C was loud as well. 3) could barely get any hot water for a shower but since the room was hot - we made due with luke warm shower to cool us off. 4) no onsite parking. I expected to pay for parking but thought it would be onsite. you have to park in a public lot a block away as well as pay for parking. I would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear noplacelikethebeach,

Guest reviews are truly valuable resources for us to ensure we are offering the best service, products and exceeding our guest expectations. We want you to know that hotel is currently making an investment to install double doors and soundproofing all rooms facing Ashford Avenue, to prevent the street noise that some of our guest have experience and mentioned in their reviews. Please know that I am working with our engineering department to look for possible causes of hot water temperature fluctuation and the A/C temperature in your room (along with the entire building) to prevent this situation from happening again. We also have parking on site that charges $16.05 9including tax) for 24 hrs.

Tripadvisor user, I would kindly ask that you contact me, so that I may personally apologize, and see how I can mend this experience.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 16, 2013

After looking at many reviews I decided to book a stay at this hotel prior to my cruise. I booked a room with two double beds and was assured that our room would be one of the more quiet rooms. Due to weather conditions my flight arrival was delayed and found out that the hotel had "upgraded me to a suite". What they upgraded me to was a room with a king size bed and pullout sofa bed. It was also located right on the street where the locals partied until 4am. When I checked in I told the front desk that I booked my original room because I wanted to be in that location of the hotel. The front desk person told me "Sorry, the hotel is full and that is the only room left". My travelling companion and I both had a horrible nights sleep as she was the one who slept on the pullout sofa. This experience left a very sour taste in my mouth and felt the hotel didn't live up to what I had been orginally promised. The location is great as far as restaurants and Walgreens but other than that I can't say much else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed three nights prior to and one night after a cruise. It's convenient and clean, very near the beach, restaurants and Walgreens. The staff are more than helpful; the complimentary breakfast was great. Wi-fi was faster than at home! Noise at night from Ashford Avenue can be an issue, but otherwise I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple