“The staff is amazing along with the aesthetics of the hotel”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
Garden Grove, California
“The staff is amazing along with the aesthetics of the hotel”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

from the moment you drive into the driveway, the attractive valet parkers are already greeting you to take your heavy luggage. Then you walk in to check in and the check-in-clerks are amazing!! I was he;ped the first time by Mayra. She is very patient and thourough when she explains everything to you. I received a free upgrade during my stay there because of their promotion. The lobby is beautiful! It has a beautiful fish tank which apparently has $1000 fish it it!! Wow and the amazing clownfish are adorable. There is a business center in the back with 3 computers where you can check your emails or facebook. :) Printing is alo allowed. The pool is appropriate for kids at 1 ft levels and the adult pool goes up to four feet. Not meant for long swims but just wading or mingling with yourloved ones. The beach is walking distance from the Hotel. The Best Western provides beach chairs and towels. In the mornings. they have continental breakfast including sausage or bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs, and then your basics. Luis is one of the morning employees helping in the kitchen. I asked for Honey once and they did not have any yet in the kitchen, so he offered to out and buy it for me next door! Wow..talk about customer oriented and sweet. The night auditors are Herman and Antonio. Wow, they make sire everything is in order and checkins run smoothley. People are calling constantly for silly requests such as sheets, towels, extra beds, and these guys take care of it asap. Carlos was excellent in allowing me to rebook rooms at cheapers deals...He is a super kind man. I can tell he loves his job so it comes natural to him. Osmel, Chimes, and Raiza have all been extremely accomodatiing. Hats of to them!! Their security guards are also very protective and making sure theire is nothing fishy going on at all times. I loveit here...they treat me like family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
Riverside, California
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The staff was excellent! Mayra was exceptionally helpful in finding us the best tours, car rental and sightseeing spots. I hope Mayra will be there next time we come back because she has wonderful hospitality.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank E L
Bowling Green, KY
Reviewed May 29, 2013

While spending several post cruise days enjoying San Juan we had the good fortune to stay at this hotel, renovated this February. From the young doorman who handled our bags to Mayra at the front desk everyone was cordial and efficient our room on the ninth floor was spacious with a new king size bed and attractive furnishings including a minifridge and microwave. It even had a balcony, where if you craned your neck you can see the beach. There's an attractive small pool, a kid's pool and a great area for catching the sun. The business center and free printer made it easy to print boarding passes for our return trip. Mayra at the front desk suggested very economical ways to tour old San Juan by catching a cab or bus to the bus station in Old San Juan and then taking one of two free trolleys to see historic landmarks like El Morro. She even called a cab for us which got us to the airport on time. I might add that when the bellman was off someone from the front desk even came up and got our luggage down. Who could ask for anything more!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are not the same size so ask for one on an upper floor with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RefGuru
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I arrived in PR really late around 3:30am, I was worried being so late I wouldn't be able to check in but I called ahead and they were understanding. They said not to worry, they would be waiting for me and they were. As soon as I got to the hotel they knew who I was, most important I felt safe and welcomed. The room was clean, comfortable bed and the view was pretty awesome! A definite bang for your buck. Great location just a block away from the beach, literally 5min walk. Also great restaurants around.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Edwardsville
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel (especially Antonio Rosado). Extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was comfortable and clean. We were in 704 which is right off the elevator and on a floor without an ice machine. I was worried about noise from the elevator, but this wasn't a problem. The noise came from the patio door. Not much of a problem if you turn your AC to a decent temp and then keep the fan on all night. The only issue I really had was one of the front desk ladies told me the parking lot in the back accepted credit cards and they do NOT! The parking was sort of confusing. Due to almost missing a plane I did not have cash and was forced to re-park and walk down to the bank. An inconvenience, but a learning experience and not having cash on hand was completely my fault. Walgreens is right across the street and the beach is just a block away! Breakfast was wonderful. Eggs and either sausage or bacon everyday and pastries/bagels/cereal and yogurt/waffles some days. Elevators are a bit slow, but very quiet and the beds were a bit too firm for my liking, but I would definitely stay here again. Although I didn't use the fitness room it looked to be pretty decently equipped. The pool area was nice, but had to ask for towels. Bonus is that towels are provided at front dest to take to the beach!

Room Tip: Ice machines are on floors 5,8, and I think 11. I believe all the rooms that end in "04"...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank psychmaj2
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for 1 night prior to a cruise. Got an excellent deal after searching the on-line Best Western reservation system for a "Manager's special" due to the hotel being new - newly remodeled - only $92 which is very good for the Condado area where $250-$300 is the norm. Hotel is clean and freshly remodeled and is located a very short walk to the beach and many restaurants as well as a Walgreen's across the street. The bar is nice and had just opened after receiving their liquor license. $25 taxi from airport (included two people and a lot of luggage and tip).about 15 minutes. 10 minute taxi to cruise ship pier. Free breakfast was OK. Only issue was that we arrived about noon and couldn't check in until 3:00 p.m. but that was published on the reservation so it wasn't a surprise. Hotel stored luggage. Staff all very helpful.

Room Tip: Two towers - both OK but decent views of ocean from above about floor 5 in North Tower.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rusty684
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just renovated, this property offers a phenomenal location to all the Condado dining and clubbing experiences offered in the vicinity. The ocean, is right across the street. Think "Collins Ave location in South Beach". In other words, just one block of walking and your in the sands of the Condado Beach. Walgreen's is also right in front of the hotel and they are open 24 hours. So there is access not the basic necessities and then some.
Check in was quick and efficient. Front desk staff, all shifts, all very pleasant.
I had not previously stayed in this location. So I can't speak as to how much of an facelift it had received. The lobby was very well laid out and welcoming. A business center was readily available and accessible. The elevators were a bit slow in operating, the doors took long to close.
We had room 508, located towards the back of the hotel. New furnishings, good flat screen tv with an adequate amount of diverse channels. Free wifi was offered. AC in the room worked great, but we could not re direct the flow of air it faced the bed head on. Walk in closet with fridge and microwave were provided. Our room did not have a coffee maker. Issue with this walk-in closet... it had huge windows which would not close properly and there were no blinds, curtains, drapes... so anyone in the building across could easily see you... ALL of you if you walked in there to get your clothes after showering... or whatever... Same thing with Bathroom... although it did have an opaque shade, you could never really have daylight since it was always down. At night, we could hear the music from the clubs, not a big deal to us, just be aware, you are in the heart of the happening social life. In room iron provided as well as a safe. We did find long hairs... in the bathroom floor, sink etc.
Pool was only 4 feet deep a kids pool is also provided, however, that water runs off as a cascade on to the main pool. Can't help but think... kids pool... water... I know... I know.. picky. Bottom line.... GREAT LOCATION FOR THE PRICE WITH AVERAGE ACCOMMODATIONS.

Room Tip: Higher rooms if you want to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple