“Best bang for you buck..”

Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The Condado seems to be party central for San Juan, with a collection of nice hotels and sports bars and clubs. That can be both a plus and a minus. It also happens to be on the bay side, with relatively nice public beaches!! Again.. a plus or minus. This particular hotel was one block from the main thoroughfare, with easy access to restaurants and tourist shops!! The room we got--a lovely king suite--was affordable, clean, and spacious!! It was in one of the towers, with a lovely beach view and the location of the room--a corner suite guaranteed quiet and restful nights!! The staff were pleasant and friendly!!! The best part of the hotel was that each suite had a kitchenette with a large fridge!! The hotel was right across the street from a CVS and a short right ride from a super Wal Mart. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling with family!! It's family friendly, even though it is in Condado.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Martina C
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Martina C

Thank you for contacting The Condado Palm, it is a pleasure for those of us in the service industry to have associates that his performance has been noticed by you. I have shared your comments with the management staff of our entire hotel. For those of us in the service industry, there is no greater reward than knowing that our guests are pleased with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out to write to us and I hope we can look forward in welcoming you back.

Sincerely

Miguel Rivas

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 21, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have mixed emotions about this hotel. Beware of hidden fees and Puerto Rico's hotel tax is extreme! I stayed in a room with a balcony on the 4th floor that over looked a wallgreens. I requested a room on a higher floor prior to my arrival and my request was not accomadated. also, the walls are very thin so becareful of what u do and say! On the up side of things, the free breakfast was satisfying. Waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fresh squeezed orange juice and pastries were great. The location was pretty convenient to a lot of the excitement, but don't look for peace and quiet at this location. There is always something going on... I would'nt stay here again but overall Puerto Rico was a beautiful experience and i will return many times just to a better hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beginning with the front desk they where nice and helpful in all shifts, Myrna , Ricardo and the other one (sorry I don't remember his name) The Hotel is modern and very clean, the room was perfectly clean, and the breakfast was very good, waffles, french toast, cereals, scramble eggs, coffe, juice, pastries, and much more, everything GOOD!!!
Sandra Portalatin

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra P
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in 6 nights from April 28 to May 4. The hotel is in the process of being renovated. The breakfast is a very good free hotel breakfast. I agree with others who have commented on the friendly staff. The pool is small and what appears to be a hot tub is actually a wading pool for children. Since the hotel is in Condado and just off a busy street, I can see problems for a light sleeper. Overall, you probably can't find a better value in this area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Viroquaboy
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful especially Myrna. I appreciate her giving us her insight and suggestions on were to go to eat and get around Old San Juan. The lobby and outside of the hotel were very nice but I was disappointted with the up keep of the room. And the tv lost signal on most of the channels except for the news at night. Also they dont have a hot tub but it said it did online smh. Lastly, I was disappointted with the breakfast compared to what I am used to at other Best Westerns.. Not sure if I would return. I felt bad because I suggested this hotel to my bffs and family and they wasn't happy either..

• Stayed: May 2013
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

MsWalker703,

I hope all is well with you. Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay. The hot tub part was an information error on the website that we fixed (it’s actually a Kid’s Pool, but this change took some time to reflect on some Online Travel Agents websites. Please know that we greatly appreciate you sharing this with us. It is our mission that all our guests are 100% satisfied with our product, and that includes guestroom appearance, amenities, breakfast and overall service. I assure you we will work very hard on all this and hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to win you back in a future stay.

Respectfully,

Miguel Rivas
mrivas@condadopalm.com
787-370-1080

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the day before our cruise. Most of the taxi drivers do not know where it is but if you tell them it used to be the Diamond Palace, they'll know it right away. When I told our taxi driver Diamond Palace he said right away "Oh, the Condado Dump". Apparently this is what the Diamond Palace used to be called before it was bought out and it was closed for 2 years while it was being renovated and had just reopened this year. Our check in was very quick and painless and the front desk staff was very courteous. When we got to our room, the bathroom light was not working and when I called it in the maintenance guy was there within 5 minutes and replaced the bulb. The free Breakfast was good with plenty of variety. The beach is just a block away. There is a Walgreens right in front of the hotel and when you get to the corner, you can turn either right or left and there are plenty of restaurants, shoppes and casinos to enjoy. It is in the center of everything. The room was perfect and it even had a safe and the free WiFi signal was very strong. Noise and safety was not an issue at all as there was plenty of police presence in the area. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in San Juan.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple