Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
1,742 results
All reviewsnorth toweracross the streetjean paulfront deskpuerto ricoold san juanfree breakfastyogurtpartial ocean viewthe breakfast areaking suiteshort walk to the beachhigher floorwithin walking distancebus stopthe general managerashford avenue
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel has spacious rooms but beware of resort fees and other issues. Overall this hotel is in a good location. We were surprised at the checkout when they told us that they have hotel tariff fees of 18% which were not communicated to us by Orbitz or the hotel staff before checking in. There was also a major water outage for over 24hrs that hotel could not resolve which was a major inconvenience. Also, in order to have our room cleaned we had to remind a couple of times after hours because no one cleaned the room during the day.

Room Tip: There is the best place for dinner called "Di Parma Trattoria" restaurant on Ashford Avenue.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar T, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest:

On behalf of our entire Staff we want to apologize for the water outage that affected our guests recently. I assure you we focused all our efforts in resolving that situation as quickly as we possibly could and because of that, we will be implementing a bigger and better cistern system for this not to be an issue anymore. We have also made Orbitz aware of the fact that we need them to publish all rate and tax information at the time of booking.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to make it up to you in a future stay.

At your service,

Omar Torres
787-516-4661

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked last minute because my flights had been delayed so I missed my last connection. The room was clean, the bathroom was not great, the staff was friendly. I thought it was close to the airport but it is a $20 cab ride each way so for the few hours I was there it was not great value, I should have chosen the BW at the airport. I have never stayed in San Juan before so I do not know how it compares to other hotels in the area. I was surprised to pay as much as I would pay in Canada for not as nice a place as I would have found in Canada but that may be the norm there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 19, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here Spring Break 2013 . You couldn't ask for a better staff ! You ask for something and they come thru NOW. The rooms were clean but you can tell it is an old building because of the layout. The pool area was nice but a little small . Overall I give this place good marks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

2 adults 1 pre-schooler. Stayed in a king ocean view suite for 6 nights. The room has just been recently renovated therefore there is a freshness about it. The space is very adequate. Plenty of storage space and room is big enough to host a meeting or to entertain.

The mattress and linens are comfortable and so too is the couch.

My criticisms lie in the details. First, we have a kitchenette which is great with a full size fridge/ice maker and a microwave but no cutlery or dinnerware. Best thing about the hotel is there is a Walgreens across the street and you can run and get plastic cutlery and cups,
Second, the balcony is great but no outdoor furniture so we stuck two of the dining chairs outside but if this happens too often the hotel will have to be replacing those chairs soon. Better to outfit balconies with furniture.
Third, the complimentary breakfast we could only put up with for 2 days and then we began searching for more nourishing and tasty meals. The breakfast consisted of carbs or extremely salty sausages. We tried supplementing with fruit but instead found a place around thee corner for breakfast.
Forth, the bathtub needed to be "jimmied' up with a makeshift plug because nobody at the front desk could find us a plug. I know now I am being picky but it is a pain in the butt when something so small can't be fixed.
Tow conclude, the hotel location and price are good you are so close to the beach that you wont be staying that much time in your hotel room and that should make up for the hotel not being perfectly detailed. I would recommend staying but I would remind people that it is a 3 star hotel and although it is just newly renovated it still needs a bit of tweaking.

Room Tip: 1610 has good view and is large a bit noisy weekend nights with thumping disco music from bar across the street
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family