st let me say I’m a very detailed person (virgo), so some details may not be necessary for all viewers .
Well I took a last minute girls trip to Puerto Rico for nights out and shopping and all the hotels in the Condado area were completely booked up or extremely expensive for 2 queen beds per night. I don’t mind spending for fabulous accommodations when on romantic getaways, but when it’s just girls, I’ve learned to scale back since we barely spend time at the hotel. Randomly I saw this hotel on expedia.com at the last minute and got excited and nervous at the same time.
I frequent Puerto Rico so I know there could be great streets .... and not so great streets...
I had nerves just driving my rental jeep to this hotel ……. but I'm happy to report I was pleasantly surprised!!
Modern Modern Modern!!!! The exterior colors were not like the picture but it blended nicely with a neutral color to reflect the neighborhood. The hotel in general was what I would call “grand-refurbished”. New paint job, huge lobby renovation, modern décor, a few upgrades to the guest room hallways (new carpet, new room signs), and 95% upgrade to the guest rooms. As far as the hallways, I would recommend they paint the handle bars/rails inside a lighter orange to match the room signs. It will brighten the hallway a bit, make the decoration style pop and make the hallway look more modern. (I doubt they would though…. lol). I see they did the majority of the quality work and detail in the lobby/common areas downstairs. Which was a wise thing to do for a hotel.
As for the rooms, we had a 2 queen bed room with a nice partial ocean view. The beds were brand new, the TV, Ipod dock, tables, chairs, desk, carpet, night stand as well. (Note: The beds were VERY firm. I know some people prefer pillow tops and others prefer firm… just wanted to clarify for those with back/neck injuries like myself).
The bathroom was very tight but just enough for what you need. A couple fixtures were older but not all. For everything that was dated, they had twice as much updated.The balcony is very quaint but just enough to get fresh air and enjoy the view.
The breakfast was okay. Not a huge variety but just enough and hey….. It was free so NO complaints here!!!!!!
Overall I felt GREAT for the price I paid and the location I was in. The Condado area is awesome! They did a GREAT Job with the reno! There were a couple issues that they are still working on but they’re not that important to mention. This was a soft opening so I expect that all things should be finalized within a few weeks.
Normally, unless you rent someone’s condo in that area, you will pay $270-350 per night (before taxes and resort fees), for other surrounding hotels in this desired town area. The Condado Palm prices are very competitive (at $149), as they are just opening and they need to attract attention and gain a reputation on the block. I just hope that they continue to be as competitive as possible not going above… lets say…. $220 per night because accommodations always should reflect the value of a hotel.
Last but not least, I MUST say that our Guest Attendant Omel was AWESOME! Very lively, funny, pleasant and EXTREMELY helpful everytime we had questions/concerns! It’s makes it all the more worth it when customer service exceeds expectations continuously!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites – a modern hotel nestled in one of the most exclusive areas of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Peaceful, affordable and just steps away from a powdery-white beach, we pride ourselves on providing the best value at the best location. Our 151 rooms and suites feature contemporary decor and an array of convenient services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Palace Hotel And Casino
- Diamond Palace Hotel Casino