“From Nerves to NICE!”

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
St. Thomas
“From Nerves to NICE!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

st let me say I’m a very detailed person (virgo), so some details may not be necessary for all viewers .
Well I took a last minute girls trip to Puerto Rico for nights out and shopping and all the hotels in the Condado area were completely booked up or extremely expensive for 2 queen beds per night. I don’t mind spending for fabulous accommodations when on romantic getaways, but when it’s just girls, I’ve learned to scale back since we barely spend time at the hotel. Randomly I saw this hotel on expedia.com at the last minute and got excited and nervous at the same time.
I frequent Puerto Rico so I know there could be great streets .... and not so great streets... 
I had nerves just driving my rental jeep to this hotel ……. but I'm happy to report I was pleasantly surprised!!
Modern Modern Modern!!!! The exterior colors were not like the picture but it blended nicely with a neutral color to reflect the neighborhood. The hotel in general was what I would call “grand-refurbished”. New paint job, huge lobby renovation, modern décor, a few upgrades to the guest room hallways (new carpet, new room signs), and 95% upgrade to the guest rooms. As far as the hallways, I would recommend they paint the handle bars/rails inside a lighter orange to match the room signs. It will brighten the hallway a bit, make the decoration style pop and make the hallway look more modern. (I doubt they would though…. lol). I see they did the majority of the quality work and detail in the lobby/common areas downstairs. Which was a wise thing to do for a hotel. 
As for the rooms, we had a 2 queen bed room with a nice partial ocean view. The beds were brand new, the TV, Ipod dock, tables, chairs, desk, carpet, night stand as well. (Note: The beds were VERY firm. I know some people prefer pillow tops and others prefer firm… just wanted to clarify for those with back/neck injuries like myself).
The bathroom was very tight but just enough for what you need. A couple fixtures were older but not all. For everything that was dated, they had twice as much updated.The balcony is very quaint but just enough to get fresh air and enjoy the view.
The breakfast was okay. Not a huge variety but just enough and hey….. It was free so NO complaints here!!!!!!
Overall I felt GREAT for the price I paid and the location I was in. The Condado area is awesome! They did a GREAT Job with the reno! There were a couple issues that they are still working on but they’re not that important to mention. This was a soft opening so I expect that all things should be finalized within a few weeks.
Normally, unless you rent someone’s condo in that area, you will pay $270-350 per night (before taxes and resort fees), for other surrounding hotels in this desired town area. The Condado Palm prices are very competitive (at $149), as they are just opening and they need to attract attention and gain a reputation on the block. I just hope that they continue to be as competitive as possible not going above… lets say…. $220 per night because accommodations always should reflect the value of a hotel.

Last but not least, I MUST say that our Guest Attendant Omel was AWESOME! Very lively, funny, pleasant and EXTREMELY helpful everytime we had questions/concerns! It’s makes it all the more worth it when customer service exceeds expectations continuously!

Room Tip: Not an ocean front property but you can still request a room with balcony/partiak ocean view.
4 Thank SpectrumLuxury

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
Perdido Key, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed right during grand opening. Was an older hotel near the beach, everything brand new! Ask for a room with a balcony and ocean view! well worth the extra 20 bucks! Staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Nice pool and gym and great breakfast! about a 2 minute walk to the beach!
Will be back!

Room Tip: ask for balcony room with Beach views...
3 Thank bamafan43
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review following your recent stay here at Condado Palm! I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you by our team! I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone on our team!! We truly look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Puerto Rico.
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Loved this hotel. It was excellent, very clean, staff was polite, 2 blocks from the beach. Great stay in Condado. A cheap cab ride to Old San Juan. Super nice and classy. The new-ness actually helps a lot as the other hotels on the strip tend to be slightly outdated. The Lobby is a nice waiting area for any meetings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xingxiaz
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Several coworkers and I stayed at the hotel last week. My room has been recently renovated, was huge, very clean, and with a great view of the ocean. The lobby areas are modern and fresh. I did not utilize the swimming pool. A couple of my coworkers lacked cold water in their rooms.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Even though I am a local I had meetings in San Juan and stayed at this hotel for business and ended up extending for leisure through the weekend. Very good location in Condado with the convenience of shops and restaurants surrounding the hotel. Everything in the rooms was brand new and the staff seems to go the extra mile to please the guests.

4 Thank dito
MiguelRivasCondado, General Manager at Best Western Plus Condado Palm Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. At the Condado Palm, we strongly believe service plays a huge role into what we do. I assure you we'll continue working hard to make every guest experience at our hotel just like the one you had.

Miguel Rivas
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let me start saying that the customer service in this hotel is great! I loved the location because everything is nearby. You have Walgreens right across the street, a Starbucks and a lot of places to eat, from caribbean to japanese, everything!!! The hotel includes breakfast, wich is great to start the day, they have hot and waffle station. They also have complementary coffe 24 hours. The hotel is small, but it has that home feeling... even better, because you are on vacation! They have a fitness center and a spa.
If you are going in a bussiness travel, I think it will be great because they have a bussiness center 24 hours and a meeting table right on the lobby. I definetly recommend this Hotel! :) Great work!

3 Thank LisMck
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel just opened, everything is brand new! Great location in the Condado, a block from the beach, near casinos, and plenty of nightlife. Stayed there last March 16th and highly recommend. Nice breakfast buffet was included in the room rate. Hotel staff were great and very helpful and friendly.

4 Thank Lilly V