“Wildlife In San Juan”

Ranked #96 of 203 things to do in San Juan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Museo de Vida Silvestre (or Wildlife Museum) in San Juan allows people to see what wild animals from around the world look like. It is filled with a variety of mounted animals in displays that depict their natural origin and behavioral habits. It is a great way to learn about animals from far and wide without ever leaving the metro area.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A very fun and educational place to take a family short outing. Many species of wildlife not found in the business of San Juan. Although we did expect a small cafe, they was none, only vending machines.

2  Thank coqui_coqui_jet
There are newer reviews for Museo de Vida Silvestre

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went to the museum with my wife and my niece of 7 years one year ago. For my niece, the place was excellent. She loved the exhibits and the tour guide did a good job (although sometimes the background noise did not allowed us to hear her completely). For me and my wife the experience was okay. We have visited many similar places in other countries. It is a small place that you could visit in one hour. The museum shop is really bad, with cheap toys (not in price) and a couple of boring tshirts. There is no cafeteria at the place, just vending machines. In terms of location, it is in secluded area near the ports and you can get there only by car. The parking was free at the site.

1  Thank Alpha800
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It's not the biggest museum but it's well organized and the travel guides know all about the animals they have exhibited. Also, they have a movie they play in their theater.

1  Thank MontCaribe
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went with my daughter 2nd grade class field trip and i took my other daughter 3 years old ... let me get started the tour guided probably was in a hurry because she took us from one exhibit to the other in a flash.. couldn't even appreciate so i thought if i waited until she finished and move to another one so i can see the exhibit... BUT NOOO!!!! another tour guide stopped me and asked " with what group are you in?" and i pointed to the one RIGHT NEXT TO ME and then she said "you have to stay with your group" :/ so i did.. then she followed the group watching us i felt like if i had stolen something she was with her hand cross .. very military... but that did end there my 3 yrs old daughter was so exited to see those animals that she jumped up and down twirled and just curious about everything i believe is acceptable she acted like that but i was humiliated in front of the group because the tour guided giving the lecture said PLEASE!! THE MOTHER OF THE GIRL!! THE GIRL DOESN'T LET ME LECTURE... so i went and grab my daughter in my arms she started crying because of it and came another guided and said.. you should go to the first floor so she doesn't make noises i was like O_O... i was to this point to upset i says to her sure but you have to give me back for what i paid because if i go to the first floor i wouldn't see anything ... she says that theirs no refunds so i told her well i'm not going anywhere cause i paid tours the end i had 2 guide in back of me and the one giving the lecture. ALSO!! if you think its a place to remember well think again.. you can't take pictures on the second floor (where everything is!!!) crappy vending machine... pricey gift shop.

3  Thank Dyan T
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went with my wife, my daughter and a couple of friends and their kids. It is a modern museum that was opened to the public no more than 3 years ago. Once inside it is a two story building where kids can see different animals in their habitats. There is also a small theater on the second floor that plays a short movie and a gift shop on the first floor. You can maybe take one of the guided tours or see it on your own. The only problem I see is that other than the museum there is nothing nearby for the kids. It is a 20 minute drive from Old San Juan, 10 to 15 minute drive from El Condado.