“Recommend as a local, even to locals...”
Review of La Jaquita Baya

La Jaquita Baya
Ranked #54 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We focus on reviving forgotten dishes from our delicious puertorrican gastronomic culture. We sponsor "lo nuestro" You should do it too. Eat local, Eat fresh!
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the kind of place that as a local I love to visit when I want a dinning experience. I like to save it for special occasions, or to impress out of town visitors. Still I can go anytime just to have a cocktail and a appetizer because the ambiance is wonderful. Live background music, great food and cocktails, and great staff from Carlitos (bartender) to Xavi (chef/owner)... what can go wrong?

2  Thank Ruben C
There are newer reviews for La Jaquita Baya

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Be sure not to miss their greatest asset, Manager ans Mixologist, Carlos. Don't misunderstand me, the concept and the food are awesome but the cocktails crafted by Carlos are simply amazing and are e perfect match for the food. The restaurant sources local, fresh, sustainable ingredients from the best producers and artisans on the island and not just for the food.
We have spent countless evenings sipping on hand crafted caipirinhas and other magic concoctions. One rule of thumb though, be patient, these types of cocktails are not made from commercial mixers and take time. Just do like me, when you receive your drink, order the next one!

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant is small and cozy. Great ambiance and perfectly themed as a Puertorican hacienda house. The cuisine is a fusion of Puertorican and international with a creative twist. Their main menu is comprised of tapas but they also have a couple of entree dishes. I ordered the calamari with bacalaito tempura, ribs with guava sauce, arepas with various sauces and the gnocchi with goat cheese. Everything was superb. To drink my wife ordered th house sangria made with guarapo and she loved it.

They also had instrumental music that was perfect for night.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went today for the first time...very cozy atmosphere...the gandules escabeche...to die for, chicken dumplings, great, my robalo fillet great, the arroz con to', as I called it, is the jaquita rice, great, a little bit on the greasy side, though. Overall, very good. And affordable, that a plus, would go back!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The ribs melted in my mouth, truly exquisite! The peach cake with ice cream outstanding!