“Good food, outside seating, slow service!”

Di Zucchero Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #109 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The restaurant has a nice patio for outside seating with a nice breeze which was something we were definitely looking for. My mom and I tried this place for breakfast and for lunch. Breakfast was slightly disappointing with the overpriced food and not so fresh taste however lunch was fantastic! My mom and I ordered the chicken sandwich for lunch and it was VERY good. The staff was also very friendly but extremely slow. For breakfast we encountered a very long wait for even drinks, let alone food. Same thing happened for lunch. I would definitely recommend this place for lunch however, you cannot be in a hurry. As most people on vacation arent, you still dont want to wait over 45 mins after you order for your food!

dizucchero, Public Relations Manager at Di Zucchero Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for your review AMM60795! Customers satisfaction is extremely important to us. We do apoligize for the service, we will take that into consideration.Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stumbled upon this and had breakfast. We thought the food was very good. Much better than the other breakfasts we had. The waitress was really pleasant. We will definitely eat there again when in San Juan.

dizucchero, General Manager at Di Zucchero Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello JIll: Thank you so much for your review. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and glad to know about your preference for us. Hope to have you back again very soon nest time you are in San Juan.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Atmosphere here is nice, but has not figured out whether it wants to be a sports eatery or Italian restaurant with the flat screen TVs around the dining room tuned to ESPN. Food was good and fairly priced. Restaurant is located across the street from the Marriott on Ashford Street. The Taramisu dessert is different but pretty good. Offers outside dining and tables and elevated seating. Ate here twice and both times the food and service was consistent and of good quality. Remember, though, when in Puerto Rico it is Medalla beer with your meal!

Thank you for your review Eric! Customers satisfaction is extremely important to us. Thanks again, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We went here a couple of times at different times of the day. It is just around the corner from the best western and across the street from the Marriott.
Supper was very good. The menu has a nice variety. I had the lobster ravioli and it was very tasty and just enough quantity. Around the table others had fish, lasagna, a different ravioli, and a salad with a soup.

Twice we went for breakfast. Cappuccino was very good especially after having passion fruit mimosa. I was dissatisfied with both of my entrees. The caprese omelet lacked taste and the texture was very rubbery. As for the day before I tried the specialty which was a sandwich with egg, cheese, prosciutto in a Puerto Rican bun and it too lacked taste. My daughters pancakes were not fluffy but rather quite dense. My husband's eggs Benedict were okay.
The service was good and I love the atmosphere. Actually it is the music and the vibe of the place that would bring me back but not necessarily the food. Just work on the the seasoning and the consistency of the food and the restaurant would be super.

dizucchero, General Manager at Di Zucchero Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you Regina for your review! We are happy to know that you liked our place even though you were not with the breakfast. Customer satisfaction is very important to us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant once and we'd really enjoy our evening. It was quiet, peaceful and romantic. The Customer Service was friendly and the food was just right.

dizucchero, General Manager at Di Zucchero Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hello TaniaRichy. Thanks for reviewing us. We're glad to hear you that you and your husband had a great time and enjoyed our service. We hope to have you back with us again very soon

Regards