“Great dive bar”

Nono's
Ranked #273 of 1,092 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The oldest bar in Old San Juan.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Good, (nicer) dive bar option if you are in Old San Juan. As other reviewers mentioned, it's very breezy inside, which is nice on a hot day. We stopped here before dinner for a drink. Just a note, they do not have any food options if you are looking for a snack.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our wedding in San Juan took place in the midst of the 2012 NLCS & World Series. For all you baseball fans out there, you know how important it is to root for your team...even when you're on vacation! We went to Nono's almost every night to watch the Giants play & the bartenders/staff were so accommodating & good to us! Take for example the night the Giants clinched the title - our friends got it into their heads that we should all have pizza with our alcohol, so the bartender went next door to La Tortuga to get us some! I will always make it a point visit Nono's when I'm in San Juan!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The atmosphere is what made me walk inside this Bar. The Mojitos are excellent probably the best I've ever had :) the ambiance and music makes you whant to stay. I have to say I loved this place! it's a great place to sit and get drunk!! the bartenders knew their trade and made excellent drinks. They also serve food!!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

the bartenders here are awesome, the service is great. very friendly. JR is my favorite bartender and Edgar is excellent too. If you come for the San Sebastian festival this place is definitely hopping, but other times the crowds come and go in waves. My favorite spot in Old San Juan

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Was in San Juan for three nights and hit this local spot two of the nights. Great, friendly bartenders. Both offering tips things to do, local food, local rum, etc.

Would send anyone there that likes a less-touristy spot. But remember, it is a bar so you aren't going there for the decor per se.