“Excellent morning of tarpon fishing”

Peacock Bass and Tarpon Tours
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent morning of tarpon fishing”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Chartered with Capt.Paco Mendez Sept 17 2013 for the 4-hour trip. This was the best thing we did while on the island. Capt.Paco is warm,articulate,professional and eager to exceed my expectations,wich he did. Within 30 minutes of the first cast,we had a double hookups. After fighting both tarpon for over 45 minutes my husband lost his to an acrobatic jump. Finally after an hour I landed my 80 pound tarpon. We caught 3 more in the 20 -30 pounds during the trip. I would recommend fishing with Capt.Paco to anyone looking for a safe and exciting fishing experience.

1 Thank Bianca208

Red Bank, New Jersey
“Awesome Captain”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We are a group of avid anglers who are glad we made the right choice fishing with captain paco. His local knowledge of the fisheries was truly appreciated. Great sights, great fishing. Awesome time. We'll be back for sure.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tedyb1
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Determined to get you hooked onto a Peacock Bass!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

First of all I contacted Capt Paco Mendez via email for a short notice trip and not only did he respond to every one of the emails immediately, but he fit me in per my tight scheduling requests. Second, he picked me up outside my hotel and took care of my breakfast at a great little local bakery. We were on the water within an hour of pickup and after a short boat ride we were at the first spot. I got my first strike from a Peacock Bass after only 2 or 3 casts! It got extremely hot quickly and the next 2 hours the fish eluded us. He was steadfast in his determination and we must've hit 2 dozen spots in attempt to hook up. Finally, his spots started paying off and I landed a half dozen Peacocks and 1 Jaguar within a 30 minute period (missed maybe a dozen more due to my inexperience with this species). Lastly, the thing that impressed me was that he could've told me it'd get better later to get more money out of me (I wouldn't have known any different), but instead he was concerned that the fishing was slower than he had ever seen and didn't want me wasting time and money for 4 hours more of catching little to no fish. So we opted for the 1/2 day instead. It was refreshing to see such honesty. I would recommend him to all my friends and I will definitely call him again when I get back down to San Juan.

1 Thank Saavikom
Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excelent Sevices!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Capt. Paco Mendez is a personable and genuine fisherman. When I return, I will definitely contact him. I recommend him to others who simply enjoy fishing and all others who want a great fishing experience.

Visited July 2013
“"Solid operation"”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We chartered Capt.Paco for a half day tarpon fishing trip and had an epic morning. I caught 5 tarpon one was a big 70 pounder and a nice 10 pound snook. Thank you Capt.Paco we had a blast and will see you next year.