“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great Italian food. If something you want is not on the menu, they will make it and will make it however you ask! I had a craving for gnocchi and they made it for me with black truffle. So good. Great service.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my second visit to to restaurant. My cousin whom lives here likes it comes here with out of town relatives and/PR friends several times a year.

I wanted to treat her as is one if the few places in San Juan that's intimate and ambiance and she likes it...and the food is good. Nothing to write home about, but good.

I travel a lot and love Italian food and nice restaurants with style and sophisticated.

The place is way way over priced for the overall experience and quality of the food. They have no menu except a chalkboard, but you don't know prices. It might be written on the board, but you cannot see it from all tables. I knew it was overpriced but knowing how my cousin likes the place, I always treat her here when in town.

I think it's too much to ask the customer to remember all the options for appetizer, pasta, and then entree. Too many choices and too long to remember.

We had an appetizer each and they were fine. But my burratta was a little not the freshest in my opinion borderline. We both had the fettuccini with whit truffle that was good but I must say didn't smell or had the flavor that you expects of good white truffle pasta! Just tastefully creamy.

The cheesecake was fine, my cousin loves it but I thought just good.

We had still water and 2 glasses of prosseco and it was with tax and tip $300 for two ( no coffee)

I can eat in Washington DC at Tosca, an excellent meal for less for same. And it's a real restaurant.

One thing that I find unacceptable though is for the price etc they allowed a table of ten or so, where people had T- shirts on , sandals, and tennis shoes, even if they could pay. It should be unacceptable to let people in in this kind of restaurant dressed off the cruise or off the beach. This is not a beach restaurant.
They should but it in their website and remind people whenakung reservations.

The service was fine, but not extraordinary and my cousin said that I'm that kind of restaurant it's expected 20%. We had our order taken, bread brought once, offered more on more time only, and plates were brought and served.
That's it. Basic polite but not especial.

So the problem is the lack of competition, and the overpricing for nice food. And quiet ambiance, but is it worth the money no.

And again with young men I'm T-shirts, men with sandals and sneakers and tasteless outfits should be reserved for the beach and not ever allowed in this type of restaurant that has an air of being special , gourmet, chic Md exclusive.
I felt I was owed a credit and a top for being properly attired.

Good luck!

ccrostelli, Owner at L'Osteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Sir, I am very sorry to hear that. Let us walk through this so I can have a better idea of what are you are talking about.
Your meal totaled $193.00, with Tax and tips came up to a total of $233.00. If by any reason you think our service wasn't up to par, you had the right to refuse leaving a tip. But I do agree, $300.00 for a meal for 2 is a steep price. I really want all my guests to have a pleasant experience, so the quality of our food is our priority. You didn't like the Burrata, and I did get the Burrata fresh, the day before your meal. The truffle was my fault; I did not explain at your table I don't use White Truffle Oil because the flavor will make the dish taste different. Your table was at the good section of the restaurant, where I always treat my best guests. There was also a table of 8 tourists on a holiday, they were dressed casual and I wouldn't hold that against them or any other guest that wishes to sit in my restaurant for that matter. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your dining experience.
Cristian Crostelli
Owner - Chef

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Today I woke up to a great combination of delightful food and lush ambiance. Eggs Florentine and artisanal bread and butter was my first choice of several I tasted. Without a doubt my favorite Italian restaurant in Puerto Rico, L’Osteria has been serving “brunch” for a couple of weeks now; today my family and I finally tried the new breakfast/lunch offer and the flavor experience was terrific! We observed the consistent friendly service, decor, and atmosphere experienced when we go to dinner and even more often, business lunch, my personal preferred. This time we asked for a table for 7 so next time I will make sure to make reservations ahead of time. Kudos to the Chef-Owner Cristian Crostelli. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunch, dinner and now for Brunch.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

You really need to travel to appreciate an excellent italian restaurant. Authentic;Original;Fresh. Excellent service.Not difficult to become a regular.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a dinner with my husband and the experience was very good. The food was excellent, different from other italian restaurants we have been in the island. This is an authentic italian restaurant, cuisine. The service was very good, the guy talked to us and expained the menu in italian. We had, as italians' do, a 3 course menu. The portions size were good, satisfying. We ordered a fish and it was very good also. I would recommend it to someone who wanted to have an authentic italian experience, food.