“It was a typical hostel”
Review of The Palace Hostel

and 1 more site!
The Palace Hostel
Los Angeles, California
“It was a typical hostel”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The place in itself is pretty basic. The atmospehere is fun and very, very laid back. The room we rented which was a private with a bunk bed was right next to the bathroom. The place isn't too crowded or noisy maybe because we there during off season. The staff was really nice and helpful. Brittany, Jeff and Justin were really nice and willing to share info that can be very helpful. Type of place where if you're in, its much more fun around other guests or be it just a place to dump your stuff while you enjoy the city. Would most likely come stay here if I ever get a chance to visit PR again.

Room Tip: make sure you have a mosquito repellant spray as room can sometimes have mosquits. we didnt get any...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We came here on our way to a 3 month journey working in the rainforest and this was our very first time in Puerto Rico. We didn't know what to expect at this hostel and ended up having an awesome time! The atmosphere and people are really what make this a great hostel to stay in. The staff are super friendly, knowledgable on the area and genuinely want to make sure guests have a good time. Shannon and everyone there are great and made sure we had some very fun nights in the area.

The hostel itself is a cool old building with good kitchen facilities. The rooms have everything you need, our private room even had a mini fridge!

Do bring bug spray though, those mosquitos will get you (as they will anywhere in San Juan).

Overall a great place to stay if you want a fun relaxed atmosphere and to make friends!

Thanks guys for everything!!! :)
- Kim and Reid

• Stayed September 2012
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My trip to Puerto Rico wouldn't have been the same without this place! I had such a great time here. I was traveling alone and was introduced to everyone when I walked in the door,and made friends from all over the world by the end of the night. The staff here does a great job of making everyone happy. Everything I needed was within a short walk, 15 mins to the closest beach and Old San Juan only a 15 min bus ride as well. I can't wait to come back!
Thanks ya'll!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Perkiomenville
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am an older female traveler and the three things that are most important to me are safety, cleanliness and the ability to get a good nights sleep. The Palace Hostel not only provided me with these three things but much more! The management team of Brittany and Shannon and staff members Justin and Geoff were so welcoming and friendly and provided me with essential information on things to do in the area and how to do them safely! Loved the daily continental style breakfast! Make sure you go to Vieques Island and do the Abes's Kayak BioBay Tour at Mosquito Island - experience of a life time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Terri A
cologne
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The original plan was to stay for 2 or 3 nights at the Palace Hostel, which turned out to be a stay of almost two weeks.

I travelled a lot and stayed at a lot of different backpack all over the world, but this ones definitely my number one so far. The kitchen and especially the bathrooms are always very clean and the rooms very very quiet and nicely air-conditioned.
All the staff, on top of alShannon, Brittany and Chris are the heart of the whole hostel, their are very friendly and amazingly helpful to explore whole Puerto Rico.

I took all their advices and took the M3 down to Old San Juan and took the publico to go to Vieques, where I had such great times.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NinaCologne
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My friends and I had never stayed in a hostel before and weren't sure what to expect, but it was truly wonderful! The staff were very friendly and helpful - especially Brittany and Shannon - and made it a memorable experience. They also were great at giving suggestions on where we should go while we were in town. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, which definitely makes a difference. And thank goodness for air conditioning! It's also located in a part of town that's close to everything we wanted to do. We had a great time and would definitely come back here the next time we're in San Jaun!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca A
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I didnt know anything about puerto rico when I landed, but the Palace staff was the friendliest group of people I have ever met and made me feel right at home! Shannon and Brittany do a really great job of making sure everyone has a great time either relaxing together on the balcony or by giving out advice on where to go in the city depending on your interests. I met so many great people on this trip and I know I'll be coming back to the palace soon. Thanks for everything guys!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo