“Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Lola Restaurant - CLOSED

Casa Lola Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Casa Lola Criollo Kitchen de Chef Roberto Treviño
NJ
“Loved It!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Went to this restaurant for dinner with a friend while vacationing in Puerto Rico. The view in the dining room looking out to the water was beautiful and totally unexpected. the food was very good! And, desert was absolutely fantastic! My friend had the sangria which she said was soooo good! Our server, John was very professional and was able to provide guidance on food and drink choices. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Condado/Old San Juan area.

• Visited June 2014

“Too pricy and average food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We were not impressed by the food...is average. We think you may have lots of better options in Condado or old SJ and pay much less than here.

1 Thank Pajarillos
New York City, New York
“Local eatery with great menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Food and service here are excellent. Located in a historic building overlooking the bay. Nice for romantic dinner, but also good for group of friends. We liked it a lot.

Visited May 2014
“Really Impressive... Didn't see that comin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Wow, we were recommended this restaurant at the last minute by a hotel bar attendant who overheard us struggling to decide in a place.

He walked up and said, hands down, that we needed to try this place.

Best decision and meal in a long while. Impressive! We selected two meals which were phenomenal.

Really, a great choice, ambiance and service...

• Visited May 2014
Long Island City, New York
“BEST PUERTO RICAN FOOD HANDS DOWN!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I came here as a recommendation from the hotel we were staying. We asked the conceirge at the hotel where we could go to get some great authentic Puerto Rican food and he immediately recommended Casa Lola. So we made reservations and went.

When we walked in to the restaurant the hostess informed us that there might be a 10 minute wait but she let us sit at the bar and have a drink while the table was getting ready. We sat down no more that 5 minutes and the hostess told us the table was ready faster than expected, which was awesome.

Walking through the restaurant it was very colorful and it felt roomy and you are not on top of one another and have more than enough elbow room. Once we sat down our waitress, Nanishka, came over right away and got us water and something better that bread.

My girlfriend has many food allergies and Nanishka really knew the menu and answered every single question we had as far as the food allergies went. When she didn't know an answer she went straight back to the chef and got us the answer right away. She and the chef were even willing to work with my girlfriend to work around her food allergies to make sure she tries and experiences Puerto Rican food to its fullest potential.

I am half Puerto Rican and I have to say the food is the best I have ever had. Every flavor and forkful reminded me of my past and it was like heaven in my mouth. We started with the crab caked wrapped in sweet plaintains which was AMAZING. My girlfriend then had a meat paella which was AMAZING. I had the chuleta and it was HUGE, actually huge does not even begin to explain how big it was, and it was AMAZING. Ok I guess you now sense a theme going on here about how the food was, AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately we did not have desert because of my girlfriend's allergies, but Nanishka went back to the chef and tried to work with the chef to see if they could make a desert just for my girlfriend. Nanishka is truly great and I could not have asked for a better waitress. She knows the menu and made us feel welcome as if we were at home. She spent time with us and talked to us about Puerto Rico and other things we should do while there.

I can only imagine how well every member of the staff is trained because Nanishka has it all memorized.

Would I go back again? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was honestly the best diner I have had in a very long time. And don't tell abuela that this food is better than hers.

• Visited May 2014