“I can't wait to return!”

Ciqala Luxury Suites
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff were very accommodating and knowledgeable. They helped plan my entire stay once I arrived. They were aware of all the happening spots and popular sites to see. They answered all of my questions and made my family and I feel at home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all especially families.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank londona5
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear londona5,

We are very honored to read that you will be recommending our hotel to everyone especially your family members. It is truly amazing for us to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team made you and your family feel at home, customer service is very important to us and it is our main commitment. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back home soon.

Thanks so much for your review!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent hotel and excellent & helpful staff. They are in the process of building a pool on the roof so we could hear a little construction noise from the first floor, BUT they warned us at check in this would happen, it was completely minimal and never woke us up. Our bed was made, dishes were washed, and clean towels & floor towels were bright in every day. You have the option of an American cooked breakfast every morning and cooked dinner Tuesday & Thursday. We will definitely stay here when we come to Puerto Rico again and we will recommend this to all our family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jolypemo
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Jolypemo,

We appreciate being the hotel of your choice during your visit to our enchanted island. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able experience of all services that we have included on our rates to enhance our guests experience; we are also glad that you were never disturbed by our swimming pool construction. Our team loves to make sure that every guest have a memorable experience to share with friends and family, customer service is our main commitment. We are very honored to read that you will recommend our hotel to everyone. We really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back home soon! Thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I travel a lot and I've stayed in several hotels. My girlfriend and I stayed at Ciqala for 7 days in the one bedroom presidential suite. We had a little bit of trouble finding the hotel but when we did we felt a little concerned when we seen the surrounding neighbourhood. Once I entered the hotel around 12:00am to check in I was greeted with such a great welcome. There's a garage for parking. From the floor to the wall arts I already felt really good that this hotel will be our home for 7 days. There was only 1 other room on our floor which was pretty awesome. I had ordered the birthday and romantic package. When my girlfriend and I entered our room they went beyond my expectations. I expected a cake, a happy birthday banner, a few roses on the bed, and champagne. What we did see was a delicious chocolate cake and the floor covered with balloons and tables with sparkles. Banners on the walls and some lanterns hanging from the ceiling. The hallway to go to the bedroom the floor had rose petals every where and on the bed was swan towels, ferreros all over the bed, champagne already being chilled, rose petals around the Jacuzzi. I was skeptical about getting this package because from experience I've seen some mediocre birthday and romantic packages. This place went beyond my expectation. The bedroom was huge and the king size bed was so comfortable! The kitchen was fully equipped with utensils, plates, pots, and pans. There was also a blender!!!!

Unfortunately my girlfriend was sick most of the time we were there so we didn't get to try the complimentary Puerto Rican dinner that they offered twice a week or the 2hr cocktails twice a week. We did however have the breakfast. When I see complimentary breakfast I think muffins some juices and maybe some waffles and scrambled eggs. When we sat down at our table we were presented by a small breakfast menu which is great. They made the omelette fresh for you with whatever fillings you wanted, crispy bacon, and delicious waffles.

Aside from the room and the awesome breakfast the staff was amazing. The general manager I can't remember her name but I think her last name is Perez. She greeted us every morning when we went for breakfast. She gave us some pointers as to what we can do. She was so nice and we felt like we were friends with her. The housekeeping staff was great when we did get our room cleaned our room was spotless. One of the reception name Daniel I believe I had asked him for directions to a mall and without hesitation he prints out directions for us. Itzhia (Sorry if I butchered her name) we only seen her late nights she was very helpful and so nice. The rest of the staff is amazing even the construction guys were nice.

Everything was actually pretty close to the hotel. We walked to a club from the hotel. Walmart and Walgreens was walking distance. The convenience store next door was sooo convenient! Old San Juan was about a 10 minute drive.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and we definitely would stay here again. I don't think I can stay at other hotels in this area anymore. I recommended this to anyone visiting San Juan or puerto rico. I've already told all my friends and family about.

Ciqala was went beyond my expectation. w

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NnjaStyle
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear NnjaStyle,

We are very happy to read your review and more than honored to have you as our guests. We are glad to read that our team exceeded your expectations from check in to check out, and that your birthday package as part of your girlfriend’s surprise was more than expected. Our team always work the extra mile to exceed our guests expectations and to make sure that everyone leaves with a memorable experience to share with friends and family. In regards to our location, Miramar is the second historic zone in downtown San Juan, this is why all buildings and structures are kept as original under constant restoration. Our area is also monitored by the local police at all times. We are glad to read that you were able to notice that it is safe and that you were able to walk to the majority of nearby places. We are sad to read that your girlfriend was not feeling well during your stay and that you were not able to enjoy dinner or cocktails with us, we hope that she feels better the next time and that you can enjoy of all of the services that we have added to enhance our guests stay.

We are honored to read that our General Manager Mrs. Perez, Daniel, Ithzia, our Housekeeping team and the construction workers were nice. We are a family who loves to make every guests feel as part of us. We look forward to welcoming you back home soon, thanks so much for recommending our hotel to everyone, we will be waiting for your return here at your home in Puerto Rico. Thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

When we drove up to the hotel, my initial impression was of concern. It is a very basic building similar to the surrounding ones. However, when we stepped into the suite, I was stunned. It was the most roomy, modern, and luxurious suite I have ever stayed in. Every detail was in place. The meals were also excellent. The staff was very friendly and professional.

I heartily recommend Ciqala to anyone traveling to San Juan, especially if you have several members traveling in your party.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Amarillodoc
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Amarillodoc,

We are honored to read that our hotel exceeded your expectation and automatically changed your perception as you step in the Suite. Our property was originally built to have the units sold as apartments, but due to the downturn on the economy, the owner decided to try managing it as a hotel and to today, it is being a blessing. It was an honor having you as our guests and being the hotel of your choice. We are glad to read that you were able to enjoy of the services that we have included to enhance our guests experience. Our team loves to follow our commitment in making every guests feel at home. Thanks so much for taking of your time to share your experience in this review and for recommending our hotel to anyone traveling to San Juan, we deeply appreciate it.

We look forward to continue welcoming you home on your next visits to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Once again, thanks so much for your review.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

There are so many things I can say about this hotel. So just to begin, I will say this is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. In planning for this trip (honeymoon) we looked at several hotels on the Island which were right on the beach. Then we came across this gem. In looking at the tripadvisor reviews I'm like no way this hotel can be that good. I will tell you it is everything the reviews said and more. From the customer service, Sandy and Natosha were always on it ( everyone was great we just interacted with them the most), to the breakfast which was great especially for the price (free). We could only do dinner one of the evenings we were there, because the other night had pork. The location was excellent and not far from anything. Oh yeah back to the employees, if you had a question they wouldn't rest until it was answered even if it meant giving you a call on your cell phone. So this was our home for 5 days, thats actually how we referred to it when were out and about, and it will be our home again next year at some point. Thanks Ciqala for help making our honeymoon in San Juan a great time!!!! Oh and there are building a rooftop pool, thats the only thing that was missing.

Room Tip: Room 302 was great!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Khadir S
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Khadir S,

It was an honor for us to be your home during your honeymoon in San Juan, it is truly a privilege to read your review. We are glad to read that you were able to enjoy breakfast every morning as well as dinner with us. We are also happy to read that our Sandy and Natasha exceeded your expectations with great services and attention. It is always nice to read about our guests getting to move around and notice that we are very close to all main local attractions.

We are honored to read that you will be staying with us next year and look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

we have to say this was the crowing jewel in the city! from the staff that treated you like family to the large and beautiful room, this was a wonderful experience. free dinner was a bonus that we weren't aware of. breakfast was far beyond what you expect from hotels for FREE. they offer table service on a floor that has been converted to a common guest area. they offered custom egg plates as well as other "bakery" type items. the rooms were extra large, including a kitchen and sitting area. the bathroom was extra large and well equipped. the staff did everything they could to make us feel at home. plenty of free parking on site in a secure basement. we had a large passenger van, which was tight, but fit. this is not in the beach area, but getting around town was very easy. there is a quaint convienece store next door with some of the best local groceries and coffee drinks. i can't say enough about this place! love love loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GaryK249
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Gary K,

It is an honor for us to read that our hotel is the crowing jewel in the city to you, we truly appreciate it and it was deeply an honor having you as our guests. Our commitment is to make all guests feel as at home and to work the extra miles to make sure everyone leaves with a memorable experience. We are glad to read that you were able to enjoy of all services that we have included to enhance our guests experience and that you were able to explore around as well as noticing how close we are to all main local attractions.

We look forward to continue welcoming you back home on your next trips to San Juan, Puerto Rico. Thanks so much for taking of your time to share your experience in this review.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Beautiful room with huge bathroom and Jacuzzi. Service was great and very friendly. Walking distance from small neighborhood restaurants and bars. Only set back about location was distance from beach. We rented a car and parked at their garage free of charge. Also free breakfast an Wifi. Great place to stay an enjoy beautiful Puerto Rico!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elba P
Mercedes L, Guest Relations Manager at Ciqala Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Elba P,

It was an honor having you as our guest. We appreciate being the hotel of your choice during your visit to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We are glad to read that you found our units beautiful, that you loved the relaxing Jacuzzi, also enjoyed breakfast with us and were able to park in our private gated parking. Our team love to work the extra mile to make sure that every guest have a memorable experience with us as part of our commitment. We are glad that you were able to notice that we are within walking distance to restaurants, bars and other attractions. The nearest beach is Escambron and it is about 10-15 minutes walking from our hotel.

We look forward to continue welcoming you back home on your next visits to our enchanted island. Thanks so much for your review.