“Awesome!!”

Pirilo Pizza Rustica
Ranked #24 of 1,093 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant:Pirilo is a rustic pizzeria in which we prepare, with dedication, delicious classic Italian and international dishes; always using the freshest local products. The space is designed and decorated by combining the typical Italian trattoria with the emblematic colonial architecture of Old San Juan, creating a picturesque and warm environment. The Pirilo bar has a wide selection of drinks, exclusive to the restaurant and a variety of more than 50 handcrafted beers.Hours: Pirilo is open every day and offers lunch and dinner during the following times: Sunday 12:00 pm- 12 amMonday 12:00 pm- 12 amTuesday 12:00 pm- 12 amWednesday 12:00 pm- 12 amThursday 12:00pm- 2:00amFriday 12:00pm- 2:00amSaturday 12:00pm- 2:00amReservations:Pirilo welcomes guests on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

if you ever go seat on the SECOND FLOOR!! do not fall for the first one...the second floor is spacious and beautiful! The pizza was awesome! we had the Mucho Mushroom pizza and I LOVED IT!! service was excellent! I will go back and bring more friends with!
If you go at night be ready to wait!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Fabolous place. We travel a lot, we've been to Italy numerous times, but this was one of the best pizzas we ever tasted. The waiteress was very polite and helpful. There was a genuine Carribean band called Rice and Beans playing 80ies hits, making special atmoshere. Brilliant male and female singer and also the rest of the band sounded great.
The only minor issue was a toilet which should be of higher standard. Margaritas tasted great. Highly recommendable, we will visit again tomorrow.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

When we were on Vieques getting a beer the waitress was cool and when she found out we were going to San Juan she recommended we go to Pirilo Pizza Rustica because of the tapas, beers and pizza. She wrote it down for us. When we got to San Juan we told the concierge we were going there and he told me his favorite pizza El Pecador.

They were right. it was in a cool area of old San Juan. It had an awesome interior and two floors. The bottom floor was mainly a pub type area and upstairs you can be seated in a more restaurant seating style but also with a bar area.

They have tapas and small plates of an Argentinian feel. They of course have pizzas too. We got the vegetarian and el Pecador (a meat lovers pizza for sure). Additionally they have a large selection of beers for being in Puerto Rico.

Great atmosphere and very good service, ice cold craft beer with delicious tapas and pizza.

My wife loved the food and date night we had there.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I had a perfect night at Pirilo. We order the 7 cheese pizza and it was amazing. We enjoyed every bite.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

charming place, great food, good and fast service, reasonable prices. Went to days in a row :)

For tapas we tried "lazitos" (delicious!), "buñuelos de yautía" (they tasted like the ones my grandma used to make me when I was little, loved them!), "calamares fritos" (not as crunchy as I like :( but still tasted good, "chorizo al vino" (really good).

For pizza: "margarita" & "carbonara" (yummy!)

For drinks: I like sweet soft drinks, I ordered a "Dulcinea" (so goood! it have peach rum, amaretto, lemon, sprite).

Totally recommend it ;)