“Go ahead, try it!”

Pirilo Pizza Rustica
Ranked #17 of 1,060 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant:Pirilo is a rustic pizzeria in which we prepare, with dedication, delicious classic Italian and international dishes; always using the freshest local products. The space is designed and decorated by combining the typical Italian trattoria with the emblematic colonial architecture of Old San Juan, creating a picturesque and warm environment. The Pirilo bar has a wide selection of drinks, exclusive to the restaurant and a variety of more than 50 handcrafted beers.Hours: Pirilo is open every day and offers lunch and dinner during the following times: Sunday 12:00 pm- 12 amMonday 12:00 pm- 12 amTuesday 12:00 pm- 12 amWednesday 12:00 pm- 12 amThursday 12:00pm- 2:00amFriday 12:00pm- 2:00amSaturday 12:00pm- 2:00amReservations:Pirilo welcomes guests on a walk-in, first-come-first-served basis.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Best pizza ever? Not for me, but it is right up there with the best of them. Definitely worth to try it. Mucho mushroom was very good. Great spot to stop by while you are walking in old San Juan. Not life changing but would go back for more.

1  Thank Sheilym
Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Very cozy place, friendly service, yummy pizza, but drum roll please......the best sangria I ever had. And let me tell you, having lived in Spain before and making my own awesome sangria at home, it takes a lot to impress me. Sangria snob, anyone? :) The unique thing about the red sangria I had here was that it came with ginger, sesame seeds, and crushed almonds on top. Weird, right? But, the flavors were out of this world!!! You simply must try it!! Please have one for me if you are there - I'll be in vicarious heaven with you!

Cheers!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

After sitting at the bar and enjoying some appetizers, our group was seated at table. We ordered a variety of appetizers that were all delicious. We also tried 4 different pizzas since they allow you to mix and match halves of pizzas even if they have different sauces. One of the people in our group also ordered the butternut squash ravioli with pink sauce which was amazing as well! The only thing we did not like was the sangria with the almonds and sesame seeds. It was too gritty for a drink, but the waiter took it back and brought something else. Overall, a great place to eat and socialize together!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We tried to go here for dinner the previous evening but there was a long line out the door, so we came back for lunch. We were able to get right in without waiting this time. We were just about to sit in the crowded downstairs area when someone mentioned the upstairs area, so we walked up to check it out. Don't drink too much or you may have trouble navigating the stairs on the way down! The upstairs dining room was much airier with high ceilings and windows - much more pleasant. We ordered a large pizza - 1/2 cheese and 1/2 papi (asparagus, tomatoes and basil). The pizza was excellent, as was the crust. We were wondering how we would be charged for the pizza since cheese was the least expensive and papi was the most expensive. Well, they charged us for the whole more expensive pizza plus $1. This was great pizza and I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I don't want to steer you wrong but there was a seriously bad odor when we ate here. I'm not sure if the trash needed to be taken out or if the sewers were backed up but 2 of our kids wouldn't eat because of it. So you are asking yourself, then why eat there? Honestly we had been trekking up and down Old San Juan and we were starving. The place had good reviews and everyone in our group liked pizza so why not? Once we got over the smell, the food was really very good. I had the empanadilla sampler and it was to die for! The place filled up very quickly once we sat down and my hand enjoyed the 'secret door' ( see if you can spot it). The small pizzas are big enough for two so don't be fooled into ordering a large. I'm betting the odor isn't there all the time so we would recommend it.