“Calm respite”

Pieria
Ranked #588 of 1,034 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Contemporary, International, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opened in mid-February 2011.
Tarrytown, NY
“Calm respite”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

In the packed and hot Viejo San Juan, I was pleased to have just stumbled upon this oasis. Modern front, and colonial back, this restaurant had just what I needed at that moment. The back and side of the restaurant have an open courtyard feel similar to the courtyards of Sevilla, Espana. It was cool, and relaxed. The decor made me feel at ease right away, and the front made me feel like I was in a hip locale. We ordered the wine soaked chorizo, which was a "weiner" (winner).

Sangria - I had tried it in many other spots in PR, but there was always a special combination of abomination. This one got it right! Their mojito was also excellent.

As it was a the end of our time in PR, we were done with Mofongo, so we got the burger - well seasoned, a bit underdone (I did say Medium rare on the less side, but no one ever listens - they did).

The service was friendly, real and relaxed without being slow. The timing was to my liking and the overall effect was my smile!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank francophileinny

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great drinks, tasty food and romantc atmosphere”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This place has the best drinks. Period. The BEST sangria. and very delicious Martinis (specially the Coco Martini). All drinks are very well prepared.

In the food department I must admit that I usually eat tapas and not the main courses but I must say that the my favorite things are the shrimps and the puertorrican typical "mofongo". I dont know how the chef does it but they both are soooo tasty and salty (in a good way). Very nice indeed.

The athmosphere in the restaurant is romantic, well decorated and with soft lighting. On fridays they have jazz music, wich is also very chic and relaxing.

I am a frecuent customer and I love it and I know that if you love classy places with good drinks and food, you will love it too.

• Visited February 2012
“In love with it!”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I went last night with my college classmates after class, we all love it! The service was... just extraordinary, we were taking photos of the food and drinks and since we went at night to like the end of the restaurant the pictures was turning dark, from no were the waiter came to our table with a flashlight so that our photos turned out just perfect. The food tasted even better that it looks (presentation is really creative), omg the drinks Victor the bartender just knew what we wanted. Definitely will go back and I will recommend this place to anyone that loves a mixture of great service, good food and nice atmosphere just to enjoy.

Visited February 2012
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
“Make yourself at Home!”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Everyone was so friendly, and spoke English as well as Spanish. The dishes were freshly made and delicious! They had live jazz music. The prices are reasonable. I highly reccommend it!

Visited October 2011
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Delicious Food, Solid Night Club”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife and i have been to this restaurant several times in the last year and continue to be impressed everytime. Whether it's enjoying a divine Puerto Rican Arañitas Paella with your family, degustando from their excellent Wine List or partying after midnight to the latest global grooves, Pieria is the place to be.

• Visited January 2012