“Tarpon fishing with capt. juan extreem fishing”

Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for the best sport fishing Puerto Rico has to offer! Book your adventure with Capt. Juan Carlos Torruella, voted by Salt Water Sportsman magazine as one of the 50 charter captains in the world!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wow! What an experience! went out tarpon fishing for two days and was not disappointed. capt. Juan is very good at what he does, and i am glad i chose him to take me fishing. I didn't count the number of fish we caught, but it was well over 10 each day, ranging from 30lb to 123lb which was one heck of a fight! he is right there with you helping with directions on how to fight the fish, and is very concerned about the fish and makes sure they are not harmed as to preserve the wonderful fishing in Puerto Rico. If you get the opportunity to go fishing with extreme fishing, I would highly recommend capt. Juan as a guide.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went out with Captain David yesterday afternoon and had a fantastic time! I caught five tarpon and the action was incredible. David showed me how to deal with the huge leaps the tarpon take and how to work them. On a day where the ocean was very rough we were in a quiet bay in calm water. There were three or four other boats fishing the same area but they did not come close to the size and number of our catch. The Captain is a fun guy to be around and has a very nice way of teaching you how to catch these fish in a very positive manner. Go out for a trip with these guys you will love it!

1  Thank Dfstergram
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My daughter and I landed a 55 and an 80 pound tarpoon on what turned out to be a slow day. Dave, our guide, was right on the nose with his bait choice (large perch) and trolling technique. Plus he is good company, a great teacher (coaxed my 19 year old home with her fish and rescued her twice with tangled line and a near escape run under the stern) Mine of course was pure skiillll, LOL. Would go with them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just returned from my 5th year of Tarpon fishing with Captain Juan Carlos Torruella of Extreme Fishing Puerto Ric. My wife came along and following Capt. Juan's instructions landed 16 Tarpon on our first day. Last year our 11 year old granddaughter caught and landed her first Tarpon. Overall on this trip, we jumped about 50 Tarpon and landed 23 which is a high number for Tarpon. We also caught many Snook which is always a bonus while fishing in the local lagoons. I have used guides while fishing all over the world and none have worked harder to make a trip successful for me. Whenever anyone asks me about Tarpon fishing I automatically refer them to Capt. Juan. I refer to my annual jaunt with Capt. Juan as my yearly therapy trip. Tarpon fishing in Puerto Rico is so much more fun than Florida or Costa Rica and much cheaper. Also logistically simpler. If you don't want to be bothered bringing your own gear, don't worry Capt. Juan has good equipment to provide. He provides water and coca cola. There are good restaurants here and the Latin salsa that my wife and I enjoy. Capt. Juan will make you want to return as I have been doing and you will not regret it if you really like to fish.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Fished the morning of 2/25/13 with Capt. Juan who knew just where the bite would be. Along with my friend, Jack, we were surrounded by tarpon. After a short time and several attempts at a landing, Jack landed his first tarpon ever...a respectable 20 pounds. I had one bite...and landed a 90 pounder. We both had a an excellent fishing day and would recommend this guide to everyone. Thanks, Capt. Juan!