“TARPON FISHING AT IT'S BEST”

Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for the best sport fishing Puerto Rico has to offer! Book your adventure with Capt. Juan Carlos Torruella, voted by Salt Water Sportsman magazine as one of the 50 charter captains in the world!
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, I booked Capt Juan Carlos December 4 and 5, 2012. I am an avid fisherman, having fished all over the U.S., Canada, and many other countries. I live in South Florida and fish 3 times a week.

Capt Juan Carlos is as good or better a guide that I have EVER had. A great fisherman, very personable, and really wants you to catch fish and experience the unique lagoon system. I stayed in a Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde that was literally 5 minutes from the fishing.

My wife fought a 100 lb "poon" for 2 1/2 hours,losing it at the boat, but we got several jumps and rolls from the silver king, so it was great. We than targeted 10 to 40 lb fish and jumped at least a dozen. There is never any wind problem because of the protection of the lagoon and his boat is easy to fish from.

Try him and i promise that you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Ronald B
in 5 reviews
"bucket list"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Capt. Juan Carlos Torruella, provided excellent service, not only because work very hard to put me on to fish, I got more than 10 good tarpon bites on a fly, but he also was very kind, he offered me water and sodas all morning,and put the cherry on the cake taking me to a more secluded lagoon where I was able to have beautifull wildlife sightings, including, sea eagles, iguanas, huge tarpon and manaties. Thanks Juan Carlos, it was a trip to remember !!!!!

Tony Panasiti

2  Thank Tonypana
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of fishing with Captain Juan and Extreme Fishing PR last week in the height of Tarpon season. It is safe to say that this was the best chartered fishing trip I have ever been on, and possibly the best fishing trip period I have ever had.

When we woke up, we decided to call Captain Juan's contact number that I got from an email (he was the only charter in PR that responded to an email, so major plus there). To our surprise, the number that is listed for the charter is his cell phone! He answered it while on the water and said they already caught 7 Tarpon that morning. We quickly booked the 2:30 to 6:30 PM inshore trip that day.

The trip itself was great. We were the only boat on the water all day. After catching some herring with a casting net, we went to a secret spot and proceeded to catch 12 Tarpon, 4 Snook, 2 Ladyfish, and a Barracuda in 4 hours. We then spent 30 minutes or so trying to catch a 80 lb Tarpon. However, we settled for a 20+ lb Crevalle Jack on a trolled Perch.

And what did Captain Juan do after this great day? Call us our cab and buy us a beer while we waited. This is the chartered trip to judge all chartered trips from.

We'll be back for some reef fishing with Extreme Fishing PR next May.

2  Thank Lee K
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently booked a charter with Captain Juan. We had a great time! Captain Juan's expertise and local knowledge kept the action in full gear the entire time. The other reviews for EFPR are spot on the money.

2  Thank Mike E