“Best Chartered Fishing Trip of my Life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico

Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for the best sport fishing Puerto Rico has to offer! Book your adventure with Capt. Juan Carlos Torruella, voted by Salt Water Sportsman magazine as one of the 50 charter captains in the world!
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Chartered Fishing Trip of my Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of fishing with Captain Juan and Extreme Fishing PR last week in the height of Tarpon season. It is safe to say that this was the best chartered fishing trip I have ever been on, and possibly the best fishing trip period I have ever had.

When we woke up, we decided to call Captain Juan's contact number that I got from an email (he was the only charter in PR that responded to an email, so major plus there). To our surprise, the number that is listed for the charter is his cell phone! He answered it while on the water and said they already caught 7 Tarpon that morning. We quickly booked the 2:30 to 6:30 PM inshore trip that day.

The trip itself was great. We were the only boat on the water all day. After catching some herring with a casting net, we went to a secret spot and proceeded to catch 12 Tarpon, 4 Snook, 2 Ladyfish, and a Barracuda in 4 hours. We then spent 30 minutes or so trying to catch a 80 lb Tarpon. However, we settled for a 20+ lb Crevalle Jack on a trolled Perch.

And what did Captain Juan do after this great day? Call us our cab and buy us a beer while we waited. This is the chartered trip to judge all chartered trips from.

We'll be back for some reef fishing with Extreme Fishing PR next May.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Lee K

Memphis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Worth your time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently booked a charter with Captain Juan. We had a great time! Captain Juan's expertise and local knowledge kept the action in full gear the entire time. The other reviews for EFPR are spot on the money.

2 Thank Mike E
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time with Kids too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

What a great fishing trip. Capt Juan Carlos put us on 4 tarpon in 4 hours and helped a 7 year old catch a tarpon he will never forget. Great trip and we will be back. I have fished with a lot of different fishing guides and Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico is at the top of the all time best trips list.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank alangunn
Jamestown, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tarpon Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I booked a 6 hour tarpon charter with Capt. Juan on Jun 20th, 2012. This was my first tarpon trip and it was non-stop excitement. Initially, I was planning to do a morning charter, but Capt. Juan suggested that I do an evening trip because the fish were biting better a night. I met Capt. Juan at the marina at 4pm. For the first hour, the fish weren’t biting, but there were fish everywhere and we could see big tarpon all around the boat. At around 5:00p, I caught a 15lb barracuda on light tackle. Right after that, I landed a 15lb tarpon (my first ever) on light tackle. Right after that, I caught about a 20lb tarpon on light tackle. Next, we moved into our night fishing spot and the action really picked up. I ended up catching 8 more tarpon, the biggest two were around 35lbs, but most were around 20lbs. I also caught a 14lb snook (my first ever).

The trip was a blast. Capt. Juan is a super nice guy and he worked hard to keep me on the fish. Capt. Juan is extremely knowledge about fishing the Puerto Rican back waters and he is a good teacher. I learned a lot about fishing on this trip. The next time I am in Puerto Rico, I will definitely do another trip with Capt. Juan.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank taylorst
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good time, good fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Capt. Juan knows how to find the fish! If you want to get Tarpon 5 minutes from your hotel, this is the place.

2 Thank Michael M