“Great time with Kids too.”

Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for the best sport fishing Puerto Rico has to offer! Book your adventure with Capt. Juan Carlos Torruella, voted by Salt Water Sportsman magazine as one of the 50 charter captains in the world!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time with Kids too.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

What a great fishing trip. Capt Juan Carlos put us on 4 tarpon in 4 hours and helped a 7 year old catch a tarpon he will never forget. Great trip and we will be back. I have fished with a lot of different fishing guides and Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico is at the top of the all time best trips list.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank alangunn

Jamestown, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tarpon Fishing Trip”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I booked a 6 hour tarpon charter with Capt. Juan on Jun 20th, 2012. This was my first tarpon trip and it was non-stop excitement. Initially, I was planning to do a morning charter, but Capt. Juan suggested that I do an evening trip because the fish were biting better a night. I met Capt. Juan at the marina at 4pm. For the first hour, the fish weren’t biting, but there were fish everywhere and we could see big tarpon all around the boat. At around 5:00p, I caught a 15lb barracuda on light tackle. Right after that, I landed a 15lb tarpon (my first ever) on light tackle. Right after that, I caught about a 20lb tarpon on light tackle. Next, we moved into our night fishing spot and the action really picked up. I ended up catching 8 more tarpon, the biggest two were around 35lbs, but most were around 20lbs. I also caught a 14lb snook (my first ever).

The trip was a blast. Capt. Juan is a super nice guy and he worked hard to keep me on the fish. Capt. Juan is extremely knowledge about fishing the Puerto Rican back waters and he is a good teacher. I learned a lot about fishing on this trip. The next time I am in Puerto Rico, I will definitely do another trip with Capt. Juan.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank taylorst
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good time, good fish”
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Capt. Juan knows how to find the fish! If you want to get Tarpon 5 minutes from your hotel, this is the place.

2 Thank Michael M
Orlando, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A fishing experience not to be missed”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I’m writing on behalf of my brother and father, who booked a six-hour tarpon excursion with Captain Juan in early May and couldn’t have been happier with their experience. The trip was booked a few days earlier via email, and Juan provided door-to-door service from our hotel to the marina. My brother is an avid fisherman, and with help from Captain Juan, he caught what they estimated to be a 65 lb. tarpon on light tackle after an hour-long fight. They had several other catches as well, and the day was a highlight of our trip for them. They said that Captain Juan was a true professional, and their only regret was not having enough time during our stay in San Juan to book another trip.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank courtney7888
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“What a fabulous tarpon fishing adventure!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Our family decided on a spring break destination, San Juan Puerto Rico. Of course fishing was on my mind for my two boys and I. Checked on trip advisor and check out tarpon fishing and what guide services they had, read several but one really stood out. Extreme Fishing Puerto Rico, with Capt. Juan. He had great reviews!! Booked two 4 hour trips. This guy really turns you on to great tarpon fishing. My sons and I could not believe the great action, we all caught tarpon largest about 80 pounds!! Also caught many very large snook. What a great trip check him out on his web site, you won't be disappointed. I'm going back this guy really goes the extra mile to get you on fish and has personality to match!! Thanks Capt. Juan.. Tim and the boys!!

1 Thank Hunterdoppler