“Is like being on Spain!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Restaurante Casa de Espana - CLOSED

Restaurante Casa de Espana
Cuisines: Spanish, International, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: This is the only Spanish restaurant located in an authentic Old Spanish building from early nineties making the culinary experience very special. From the entrance to the building you are transporting in time and place to 1932 to Spain this place used to be for civic activities of Spanish people living in Puerto Rico. Our Food is classical spaniard cuissine from the most important regions of Spain with an excellent selection of wines but we are also pleased to prepare your favorite dish according with your special specifications. We guaranty an outstanding quality of service and freshness in a fine dinning athmosphere. We have also for private activities our Tasca Manuel Fernandez Juncos room and outside sittings " Terraza" for dinner or wine and tapas party. Inside the main saloon bar you can drink your preferred coctail and tapas.Our location is walking distance major places of interes in Old San Juan ,Hotels and we have as part of our guests services valet parking and armed security guards . For cigar smokers we have an area were you can enjoy with your friends. Every Friday have life music . Open hours from Tuesday to Saturday 11:30 am to 11:30pm Sunday 11:30am to 9:00pm. IS WALKING DISTANCE FROM CRUISE BOATS PORT ABOUT 5 MIN WALK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Is like being on Spain!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

For classical Spanish cuisine, wine or tapas, this is the best place to go in San Juan. The place is authentic Spanish. The food and wines are exceptional. The staff is always very attentive and gives you great advice about what to order. I go about once a month and I will continue doing it. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Casa de España and...Woody Allen!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I go to the C de E once a month with my best friend and, as ALWAYS, it's a feast for all of the senses; the architecture is a treat for the eyes, the food is delicious and the service warms your heart! AND I recently discovered that this incredible spot was the backdrop for MANY scenes in Woody Allen's hilarious film, "Bananas"!!! If you're not from PR but are faced with "withdrawel symptoms" from missing this memorable "Culinary Castillo", you must see this film. Hands down, on all counts, Casa de España lifts my spirits like no other fancy restaurant on the entire island. Reminder: Live music on Friday nights, Sunday lunch is popular here but few realize how completely transporting this place is, NO ONE does it better, Chef Jason and his team are a happy bunch that welcome with OPEN ARMS!!! xoxoxo

• Visited May 2013
“The service !!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice quiet place to have a glass of wine and remembered of this very old, nice, clean , historic place in the heart of San Juan. Went there and the first thing we noticed, a free valet parking service, great!. went upstairs to the restaurant, smallish but nice feeling to it. The waiters immediately greeted us, great!!, Have a very nice table with a view to the interior plaza like space. Glass of water in 30 seconds on the table, a bread and aioli appetizers next, on the house, Great!!. All waiters were excellent and looking to satisfy even the smallest need.
The food and wine: As I said, wine, omg they have an onsite cellar and from the priciest to the moderate, and even more, . We chose a 90 point merlot for 35 a bottle, it was awesome! of course, it was the waiters recommendation. We had two........ hick!!
The food was excellent, starters, Octopus w olive oil and potatoes, very nice, a Caldo Gallego, Excellent, Ceviche very good. Dinner was a seafood casserole Catalan style, very very good and for me , Arretes de Cordero, slow cooked with red wine and a lot of good stuff, sides tostones(smashed plantains fritters) Cassava roots (yucca) and a mushroom risotto.
YESSS, I WOULD RECOMEND THIS PLACE.
Scince then we have been there a few more times, same service as expected and had a whole fried fish, cartucho is called and it was super fresh and excellent tasting too.

When in Old San Juan, give it a try, wont disappoint.

Chesterfield, Virginia
“My husbands dream came true”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Spring break 3/31/2013 thru 4/9/2013 my family took a nine day cruise on the Norweigian Gem to eastern carribeans. One of our stops was San Juan Puerto Rico, I made reservations two weeks ahead for this restaurant because my husband wanted the roasted piglet (lechon) When we got there, the piglet was ready and so so beautiful from head to feet. We were so surprised to see a whole piglet on a platter ready to eat. We also had beans and rice which was great also. Everything was wonderful and if ever we go that way again, we will be sure to go back there for the piglet. The price for a whole piglet was $201.00, it was worth it to see my husbands face light up with happiness.

Naples, Florida
“A Trip To Spain”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a beautiful building that is probably one of the best and most classic examples of Spanish architecture in Old San Juan. It is like a visit to Spain and a true treasure for Puerto Rico. I am a frequent visitor to Puerto Rico and was totally impressed by this structure and could not believe that it also contained a restaurant. The two people that invited me begged me to keep the place quiet but this is just too good of a restaurant not to deserve mention. Our lunch consisted of numerous tapas and then a selection from the Chef's Daily Specials. I loved the Galacian Pulpo!!! Off the charts. I had a an excellent meal of Hakki Fish with green sauce and it was some of the best fish I have ever tasted. We sampled two types of Sangria, White and Red and after seven pitchers I have determined that the White was the best!! The service and attention was top notch! This is a not to be missed restaurant. Enjoy!