“My husbands dream came true”
Review of Restaurante Casa de Espana - CLOSED

Restaurante Casa de Espana
Cuisines: Spanish, International, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is the only Spanish restaurant located in an authentic Old Spanish building from early nineties making the culinary experience very special. From the entrance to the building you are transporting in time and place to 1932 to Spain this place used to be for civic activities of Spanish people living in Puerto Rico. Our Food is classical spaniard cuissine from the most important regions of Spain with an excellent selection of wines but we are also pleased to prepare your favorite dish according with your special specifications. We guaranty an outstanding quality of service and freshness in a fine dinning athmosphere. We have also for private activities our Tasca Manuel Fernandez Juncos room and outside sittings " Terraza" for dinner or wine and tapas party. Inside the main saloon bar you can drink your preferred coctail and tapas.Our location is walking distance major places of interes in Old San Juan ,Hotels and we have as part of our guests services valet parking and armed security guards . For cigar smokers we have an area were you can enjoy with your friends. Every Friday have life music . Open hours from Tuesday to Saturday 11:30 am to 11:30pm Sunday 11:30am to 9:00pm. IS WALKING DISTANCE FROM CRUISE BOATS PORT ABOUT 5 MIN WALK
Chesterfield, Virginia
“My husbands dream came true”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Spring break 3/31/2013 thru 4/9/2013 my family took a nine day cruise on the Norweigian Gem to eastern carribeans. One of our stops was San Juan Puerto Rico, I made reservations two weeks ahead for this restaurant because my husband wanted the roasted piglet (lechon) When we got there, the piglet was ready and so so beautiful from head to feet. We were so surprised to see a whole piglet on a platter ready to eat. We also had beans and rice which was great also. Everything was wonderful and if ever we go that way again, we will be sure to go back there for the piglet. The price for a whole piglet was $201.00, it was worth it to see my husbands face light up with happiness.

Naples, Florida
“A Trip To Spain”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a beautiful building that is probably one of the best and most classic examples of Spanish architecture in Old San Juan. It is like a visit to Spain and a true treasure for Puerto Rico. I am a frequent visitor to Puerto Rico and was totally impressed by this structure and could not believe that it also contained a restaurant. The two people that invited me begged me to keep the place quiet but this is just too good of a restaurant not to deserve mention. Our lunch consisted of numerous tapas and then a selection from the Chef's Daily Specials. I loved the Galacian Pulpo!!! Off the charts. I had a an excellent meal of Hakki Fish with green sauce and it was some of the best fish I have ever tasted. We sampled two types of Sangria, White and Red and after seven pitchers I have determined that the White was the best!! The service and attention was top notch! This is a not to be missed restaurant. Enjoy!

Florida, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Symphony of Flavors”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the place for tapas. We tried fish-stuffed-bell-peppers and anchovies. We had a grilled fish with caper sauce and two side dishes. Each dish was perfect and the combination was very satisfying. The chef is excellent, the waiter made good recommendations, the place is attractive, and is close enough to the pier to be relatively safe to walk to.

USA
“Made-to-order honey mustard!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent meal here tonight. All
six of us polished off our meals. My daughter was thoroughly impressed when she requested some honey mustard and the waiter returned with delectable homemade honey mustard the chef prepared just for her. The service was superior. One meal (seafood stew) was a tad too salty but otherwise braised lamb, skirt steak and chicken were all truly mouthwatering. The building feels like you are in the Alhambra
in Grenada. Very romantic and gorgeous tile and architecture. Great evening. Esp. appreciated free valet parking.

“Great food!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great location in Old San Juan and easy access. The atmosphere is elegant but relax. The food is great and the staff is eager to please. Good wine selection. The chef went table by table greeting everyone and asking about the food. Definitely will go back.

• Visited November 2012