“Yummy”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had been cooking Huevos Rancheros (eggs in tomato vegtables) and I wanted to see how close mine were to authentic. As it turned out, not at all as the Puerto Rican version is an omelet,
whereas mine is done as poached eggs. (And I forgot to tell them to lighten up on the cayenne!!)
I had already read on here that the service was S L O W so that did not bother me, (and I do mean slow--our coffee took 20 minutes but we got there at opening ((8:00)).) We had a lovely time on the sidewalk out front on a beautiful morning (after snow and subzero in the Midwest--it was wonderful), and we started chatting with the table next to us. The food is delicious and well worth the wait!! Very affordable too! I would have eaten there again if I had had a chance!
A great place to sample local cuisine! One tip--this is NOT across from Stellaris. It is a block towards Old San Juan (west/northwest) on Ashford.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My new favorite! Every table filled on a Wednesday evening. Two waiters. Sat us in 15 minutes. Both waiters were simply amazing on their feet. Food Superb!!!!!
Gill and Jared provided the service every waiter should.
☆☆☆☆☆
Experience

Reviewed February 17, 2014

After a lackluster $60 breakfast at La Concha, we decided to explore some other options. This seemed like a local spot just a short walk from the hotel. We had an omelet and 3 pancakes for $7.00. The coffee was great and served with hot milk. I would definitely go back for breakfast and probably lunch or dinner.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

You cant beat the food for the price. We went with a group of six and everbody had a good meal besides the skirt steak.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Authentic Puerto Rican cuisine at an affordable price within walking distance to Condado hotels. My wife and I ate here after a cruise in February 2014. $30 bought us all the food we could eat. She had chicken mofungo and I had a Puerto Rican combo of pork, plantains, rice and beans. Nice servers, and even live music (saxophone player with jazz backgrounds) began at 7pm. About 6 blocks from our hotel-the Condado plaza Hilton.