“Great food, slow service”
Review of Cafe del Angel

Cafe del Angel
Ranked #49 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This restaurant was across the street from our hotel. The tostones and crab stew are excellent. Service was slow and the waiter only submitted half of our order for some reason, but the food was good when it arrived.

Visited August 2014

“Awesome cafe with real authentic flare”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great food great price great service. The food is amazing and authentic to what you will find in traditional Puerto Rican food .

Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Neat place, great atmosphere, VERY FRIENDLY STAFF”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The restaurant is located on the main strip of El Condado, San Juan. Their breakfast was great and at a reasonable price. I'm usually not a coffee drinker but watching everyone enjoy a nice cup of coffee with milk was too tempting so I gave in and ordered me one, so glad I did. The staff was super friendly, they refer to their customers as 'familia' or 'family'. The staff makes this place that much better...will return to this restaurant next time I find myself in the area.

• Visited July 2014
“Really good takeout!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great lunch spot. Eat in or take out. Mofongo good, rice with chicken absolutely delicious. Cuban sandwiches very good. Decent prices. Great place to go if staying in Condado. If we were staying longer we would probably go again.

Syracuse, New York
“1st dinner in San Juan”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We decided on the restaurant because its location was directly accorss from our hotel. The Price was about average to the other local restaurants. We were seated immediately and our drink and food orders were taken pretty quickly but thats when everything came to a hault. It took forever to get our food. My parents loved the fried chicken and i forget what i ordered but it was ok. My wife ordered the Mofungo which came to her cold in the middle and if it were heated up properly would have been good.

My only suggestion to this restaurant is to higher more staff!

• Visited July 2014