“Good Food, Great People”
Review of Cafe del Angel

Cafe del Angel
Ranked #77 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Six of my friends and I made this our first stop for food in San Juan. After getting dropped off via cab in front of La Concha Resort, we instantly became hungry after inhaling the delicious scents permeating our nostrils and followed a path across the street which led us to Cafe del Angel. I had read reviews on the restaurant before making the trip to San Juan, so I knew it'd be a good place to stop and grab a bite. It's a very laid back atmosphere. We opted for outdoor dining and made an excellent choice as we were able to fully absorb the sights and sounds of Condado and restaurant bar. We all ordered our meals differently. I was on a mofongo quest and chose the Shrimp mofongo with garlic sauce with a side of tostones. It was a great choice and very delicious, only downside is I wish it were warmer. I also ordered a pina colada and it was awesome. My friends enjoyed their meals as well. They had everything from grouper mofongo, beef empanada, crab stuffed tostones, arroz con pollo, and arroz con camarones. They all opted for mojitos and sangria which they enjoyed as well. We also took a group shot of barrilito rum which was so good. Our waiter was very attentive and fun! I would def go back here when I visit San Juan again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've only been to Cafe del Angel once, and it took me three trips to San Juan to finally visit. I wish I'd discovered it on my first trip -- I'd have gone back every time. Very casual, in fact, it looks a little tacky on the outside (please, don't change a thing!). When walking by you just don't imagine the good food and friendly service to be found inside. I'm no expert when it comes to Puerto Rican food, but I'm comfortable giving Cafe del Angel an enthusiastic recommendation. For seating you have the choice of street-side, near the bar, and inside (climate controlled). We sat near the thatch-covered bar and loved it. Cafe del Angel is a great casual place to eat, conveniently located across from La Concha Resort in Condado.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband wanted to eat here for all 3 meals each day! Great place to eat no matter what time of day!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My grandmother & I stayed at La Concha this past weekend & we went to Cafe de Angel 2 times! The first night was better than the second, food is great. Best "canoa" I have ever had and their musician is great also. But... they do add the tip to your bill automatically! Food is good and not too pricey, the food was saltier the second time around! Didn't try any alcoholic drinks, but the frozen ones looked good! Would go back again for dinner on my next trip to PR!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food was so delicious! it was seasoned so well and just enough.... now far as the place its a lil run down but that was the first place my friends and i ate at and none of us had no complaints. they was very helpful and nice to us the entire time. if u plan to visit san juan... please visit Cafe Angels.

1  Thank Shontae H