“Very good food, but already add tip onto bill”
Review of Cafe del Angel

Cafe del Angel
Ranked #47 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place has very good seafood and we loved our dinner here, but be aware that they already add a 15% tip onto the bill. If you don't notice this, you could end up leaving well over a 30% tip. I noticed many people have put angry reviews because they have had this happen to them, but if you read your bill carefully it's not a problem.

As far as the food is concerned, I had the whole red snapper with rice, beans, and plantains and it was very good! So was the fried cod appetizer we had. Go for the great food, just read your bill carefully!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are staying in Conado and you want good local food, go to this place. It's laid back and kind of like a beachside dive bar. Not very appealing when look at it. But the staff is very friendly and the food is yummy. The mofongo with skirt steak is good. I also had the fried chicken with rice and beans which was good too. They're homemade hot sauce was delicious on the chicken. The drinks are good too. The Sangria was a little weak but the strawberry passion fruit mojito more than made up for it. It was tasty and strong. I know everyone likes to be a snob on vacation, but put your short and flip flops on and walk over to cafe angel for some good local food l to have a taste of Puerto Rico.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Mofongo was good, but the fried chicken was the best. Ok piña colada, very nice and friendly staff. The waiter even and one of his coworkers even offers to take me and my friends out for a nice time.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Great service. The staff was excellent, had no intention of eating there but was engaged on the sidewalk and they talked me into it. After a few drinks and a great meal I felt right at home. Great music! Friendly staff and the best prices. A must If you are in the area!! Also worth noting Happu hours goes on and on!!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our last night in San Juan we weren't sure what we wanted to eat or even where we were going so we started walking down Ashford and walked into to Cafe Angel. Thankfully this was a good choice, the food was awesome and the staff was very friendly. I had the chicken mixed rice and it came with a side of beans and sweet plantains. My husband had the steak mofongo and it was melt in your mouth good. I would reccomend Cafe Angels to anyone and everyone that is in the area. I will eat there on my return trip.