“Good food”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Jerusalem, Israel
“Good food”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ate at Café Del Angel twice. They serve Puerto Rican food (good vegetarian options). They are across the street from our hotel. They have good food and good prices (especially their cocktails). For dinner, we ordered their vegetable mofongo and a rice, beans, and vegetable dish. The next day, we ordered fried eggs and the eggplant parmesan (not as highly recommended). We also drank two fabulous caparenias. The service was nice, attentive, and friendly. You get the feeling that they cook the food to order. They take some time to bring it out and it arrives hot on the plate. Definitely recommended! (expect home cooking, nothing fancy)

Visited April 2013

“Amazing 1st time experience.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I'd heard that to experience puerto Rico, you really must try the local cuisine....specifically the pork. As we checked into our hotel, I overheard someone checking out tell s group of ladies that "angels has the BEST authetic cuisine". When we got there, from the outside, it is understated w/small sign and just looks like any beach bar. We were enthusiastically greeted by the waiter, who suggested 3 different appetizer..so we went with crab stuffed plaintains. Boy were they good...if u like something that reminds of apple fritter but tastes like banana & crab, I'd suggest it. We choose angels combination, which is pork, plaintains, rice w/peas, and a pastel. The waiter said "now, this is our christmas dinner. You come at to family christmas, this is what we eat!" That was by far the best & juiciest pork I've ever had in my life!! I really enjoyed the rice w/peas and plantains. The pastel I could have skipped, but yhe rest of the meal made up for it! Cheesecake was great. The waiter was amazing, friendly and super-helpful. The of the staff was friendly including the bar-tender talking & dancing as he walked past and the singing kitchen staff (I don't think they knew we could hear them...lol). DEFINITELY a place we will remember!!

• Visited April 2013
NYC
“The best rice in Condado!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I eat at Cafe Angel's every time I go to PR. They have the best rice, that I eat with hot sauce. They also have some delicious flan. Yum Yum. It's one of those places that you have to stop by, not for decor, but for the authentic cuisine. It's on a central street in Condado, so you can take a short stroll before settling in for dinner.

• Visited January 2013
Naples, Florida
“Authentic Puerto Rican”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a great little authentic Puerto Rican Restaurant right outside the front door of La Concha. I have ate here on numerous occassions throughout the years and have never had a bad meal. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner plus some awefully cold drinks! Without a doubt, my favorite dish is the "Combination Puertorriquena El Angel". It consists of Roast Pork, rice with pigeon peas, sweet plantain and a pastel. The pork melts in your mouth and you will walk away very happy. If you are staying in any of the hotels in Condado this is a great little restaurant with decent prices compared to any of the hotels plus it is about as authentic as it gets!

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Good and authentic”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cafe Angel offers good and inexpensive Puerto Rican food across from the La Concha hotel. Chicharron de pollo, chuletas. rice and beans and maduros are what you expect and they deliver the goods

Visited April 2013