“Great Place!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Great Place!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at a beautiful hotel across the street.Looking for some authentic PuertoRican food, we didnt have to go far. The staff and service was great-and the food fantastic! We had Angel's Puertorrican Combination at least 3 times. The pork was the best I've ever had.The drinks were also made with all fresh fruit- to order. Sangria,Mojitos and the Pina Coladas to die for! They also make their own hot sauce.Looking all over the island to buy some, we finally realised they made it there. We brought home 4 bottles.I'm almost out! My first stop back to Puerto Rico will be to the Cafe Del Angel!

• Visited October 2012

toronto
“A fun place with good food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was sent here by a friend who was in San Juan a few weeks before me. As it was the only restaurant we ate in in San Juan (only there for one night prior to a cruise) I don't have anything to compare it to so I can't say it's the BEST this or the BEST that. What I can say is that the service was very friends and attentive, the atmosphere was very tropical and fun. We had the mofongo and I found that it was dry and very bland but maybe that's what mofongo is supposed to be? Again, nothing to compare it to. We also had an appetizer, and the name escapes me, but it was a plantain topped with cheese and ground beef and that was really delicious! And big enough for 4 of us to share it. All in all, it was a good meal - a bit expensive but it seems like the prices were in line with other restaurants we passed by so maybe it's PR that's expensive. So, to sum up. We liked it. Didn't blow our socks off, but it was good.

Tel Aviv District, Israel
“The best local food we had”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We got the name of this place from a tour guide and certainly don't regret it.
We sat on the porch which was nice both to enjoy te passers by and the music

The piña colada and mango margaritas were both good and refreshing
I had a beef monfango which was good as it soaked the sauce of te beef which made t creamy and tasty and not dry like te one I had a few days earlier.
My dearly beloved had te roast pork with rice and pigeon beans which too was good , unfortunately te dishes were so big we couldn't finish tem.
The bill came to 53$ which is more than reasonable

Brazil
“Nice place, excellent service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have visited this restaurant before so, again in San Juan, I had to return.
Service is wonderful, site is friendly,food is wonderful and price is fair.

This time I had a "combinacion Puertoriqueña el Angel". Delicious !
I don´t drink alcohol but its lemonade is just perfect ! My friend had a bottle of the local beer, Medalla.

Vienna, Virginia
“Good honest Puerto Rican Food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I ate at Cafe del Angel in early February 2013 and the food was just as good as it has been when we visited on previous trips to Puerto Rico. The restaurant is directly across the street from the La Concha Renaissance resort on Avenida Ashford and while the "atmosphere" may be lacking (open air dining for about half the restaurant) the service and food is top notch. A couple can easily eat dinner for under $30 + drinks and the portions are immense. When we return to Puerto Rico this restaurant will be on the top of our list for one or more dinners. I can't comment about their breakfasts as we ate elsewhere but I'm sure they are just as good.