“Awesome adventure”

Frontier Adventures Inc.
Ranked #61 of 112 Outdoor Activities in San Juan
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 8x8 off-road amphibious vehicle gives off-roading a completely new dimension. Going where it previously was not possible! Our experienced guides cater to your abilities and sense of adventure, as well as making it safe for your family. The tour is for all ages, as each tour is customized for you, if an adrenaline rush is what your after or a nice morning of bird watching we've got you covered. All our guides share their local knowledge of the 2000+ acre play-ground located at Hacienda Campo Rico.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Willie was awesome. He made our trip very fun! Not only did he tell us all about the area, he even gave us recommendations around our hotel. He was the perfect tour guide for my step mom and I, he made the excursion adventurous yet safe. I would recommend this trip to everyone! You could not have a bad time. Ask for Willie!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our guide was Willy, who was great. Very friendly & knowledgeable about the ecosystem we hiked through.

It starts with Willy driving us in an ATV on a bumpy dirt road. My 7 yr old liked it, but my 4 yr old was scared. On the way back everyone gets a turn to drive. Once my 4 yr old got behind the wheel, he lost all fear. He had so much fun driving (actually on my lap, thinking he's driving) it might have been the best time of his life.

Willy stops at a trail & gives us the option to hike to a cave. We did it, of course. An easy hike, even for the kids. You don't really enter the cave, just maybe 15' in. There are bats & we saw one giant cockroach. (Not moving & on a far cave wall. Easily avoided if you're creeped out by them.)

On the way back to the ATV you can take a short climb down a sinkhole, through a small cave & out the other side. The kids were able to do it, with help from the grown-ups.

All the while Willy is pointing out interesting features & facts about our surroundings.

The only downside was that it hadn't rained in weeks so the trails were dry except for a few mudholes. Probably would have been more fun getting dirty driving through muddy trails. Maybe less fun for my wife. ;)

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My daughter wanted to Zipline and we have 2 kids. We needed an activity for the small child. So we decided to get on an Anfibiuos. We HAD A BLAST!!! Joel our tour guide was magnificent. He asked how wet/dirty/dry to you want to come back. We answered filthy!!! And that was just what we got. He even Surprised us with visits to caves. My daughter Ziplinning and Us Anfibianing... Plus my son even drove the Anfibian... We had the Best Day ever... Will we go back??? Of course!!! Would we recomend it??? 200%... You will no regret the trip...

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Joel was our guide had a great time.. the 8 wheeled machines are lots of fun
Our guide was infromative and knew a lot
we even went caving

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This would have been a lot of fun if there was a lot more water and mud. We only had 3 mud holes and I had emailed and asked if there was a lot of mud but they were misleading and said they would find some mud. It's was like ATV's on dry land for the biggest part. They did not let us go into the lake as pictured in videos. Went on a hike out to cave also. This was just ok but not worth the money in dry season.

1  Thank travelis4me63