“Eclectic”

Abracadabra Local Counter Cafe
Ranked #9 of 22 Coffee & Tea in San Juan
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ocal porducts, organic products, support small farmers, artisan bread baked everyday exclusively for Abracadabra, best gourmet cofee in Puerto Rico by Cafe Hacienda San Pedro...no hormones, no pesticides, no artificial flavors only local craft beers and local artisan wine.Free wi-fi
“Eclectic”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I thought this resturaunt was awesome because if the fact that it had many healthy and organic options which isn't common in Puerto Rico. The crowd is young and hip with the apparent dress code for workers being : hipster. The service was excellent for me because everyone spoke enough English for me to order without a problem. The food was delicious. Oh, and on weekend mornings there's quite a line to get in. I think if you dig healthy food and live music with a hipster feel this is the place for you. Even if you don't they have some of the better French toast on the island so it's worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013

Arecibo
“Good food, no service”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Let me start out by saying they have awesome pancakes! THE best I have had in my life.

I tried the Croque Madame and the Champignon Omelet.

Skip the omelet, its nothing to write home about. The Croque Madame is really good but way WAY overpriced if you choose the "brunch" option. Just wait until they have the special, I believe it runs for 7 dollars with juice or water.

I wouldn't recommend this place to a friend because:
they are very disorganized, most of the time the door is closed with no one to greet you or explain how their complicated system work (you cant make reservations and on weekends it gets intolerably crowded)

Our server was horrible, took our order and never came back again except to bring us our food

It is worth noting that the salad, while it is organic, it is not locally grown like they say it is. It is from Sams.

Great food, bad service. Not worth it in my honest opinion. Will not return

Puerto Rico
“Great atmosphere and food, but overpriced and forgettable service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I went to this joint to see what all the fuss was about. The decor and theme was superb, and the food exquisite. However, paying $15 for a cup of coffee, a small bowl of fruit and a glorified ham, cheese and egg sandwich would've been great if the service was the added value. The waitress was nice but non-existent and pretty much every one that worked there was serious (like they didn't like their job), except an awesome black guy with glasses and a really cool afro who flashed us with a couple of smiles and bid us farewell. We spent $50 for breakfast for two adults and a toddler, and honestly, it wasn't justified. It was a good one-time experience at best.

“Breakfast”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A different place to have a great breakfast. The theme is circus type and all decorations are related but in a good taste. Very artistic. The line to wait usually is half hour, but is worth the wait. They have vegetarian options too.

Visited June 2013
Aguadilla
“Great atmosphere, happy young waiters, and great food!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I went here to eat some breakfast and simply fell in love with the place! The music and the waiters are awesome hipster style. I had nutella pancakes with domino sugar on top! Great coffee and natural orange juice. The place get a really crowded and you basically stop and go. Loved the service except that she said: "do you want anything else or the check?" As if they were kicking us out and we couldnt stay talking there as family do when they go to restaurants. But above that its great!