“come for the margaritas stay for the food”
Review of La Madre

La Madre
Ranked #68 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small, locally owned business offering high quality meals cooked with the best ingredients. A very intimate space to enjoy lunch or dinner, and now brunch on the weekends. Fresh fruit juices, mimosas & margaritas, premium coffee and great music make this a place you don't want to miss.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

They have $5 flavored margaritas that are oh-so-yummy. I had the Acerola [tastes nothing like cherry thankfully] and the Parcha. I was chatting with a couple that lives across the street about all the flavors and kind of lost track of what I had; it was all extremely delicious. I wish I had access to the menu so I could say what I ordered, but from the quesadilla with tender flavorful meat and cheese that came with pico de gallo to the couple's refried black beans with chips... I was in food and drink heaven. This place will top of my list when I make it back to San Juan. oh and be mindful there's almost no cell service inside the restaurant (effects tourists and locals alike).

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stopped in for a drink while waiting to eat at another restaurant and ended up ordering an appetizer that was delicious - a burrito cut into small pieces and served like a sushi roll. Beautiful presentation! My mojito had a bit too much mint, but the flavor was very good. Pleasant vibe, friendly staff.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

A waiter at Cafecultura reccomended this place and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is beautiful, the food was fabulous, and the sangria the best I have ever had!! It's a very small place so you may have to wait for a seat, but definitely worth it!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We asked some locals about their favorite place to eat, and La Madre came up several times during the day. This little restaurant did not disappoint! The owner and wait staff were so accommodating and friendly. The fajitas were delicious and the enchiladas were like none I have ever had! The restaurant makes three difference type of salsas which were unique and a great addition to the meal. Be sure to start out with the fondue and chips. Now that we are back home, we are craving their delicious food. This mexican restaurant cannot be beat!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Been here several times. Love the place.

The evening just passes in great company with a $5 martini in hand. Try the coconut one.

Food is also top notch. Fresh and high quality.

Can't wait for the next visit.