“Great food and fresh”
Review of Peace n Loaf

Peace n Loaf
Ranked #273 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: First vegan pizzeria in Puerto Rico with vegetarian options.
Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and fresh”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Food was fresh and tasted great which is the important part. Small glasses however and i drink alot of water. Parking is interesting. Customer service is good. Can be missed if your not looking in the right place, parallel to salvation army. Hope they stay in open for years to come. One thing though, its cash only, dont know if that will change. Organic foods and drinks available

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheSITREP

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Pizza and Calzone...a delicious wonder!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I became a vegetarian in March so I've been meaning to try vegetarian or vegan restaurants ever since (and in Puerto Rico it is something hard to find). This place is amazing. Small sized, cozy, and beautiful place. If you have a big group I do not recommend staying because of the limited seating but hey! You can always order out. :) First I had the Calzone. I ordered it with tomatoes and vegan "chorizo" and I substituted the cheese for Daiya (non-lactose) cheese. This has been the healthiest calzone I have ever eaten. Definitely went great with their apple juice. Everything is basically homemade. The next day I took my mom and I tried the pizza with tomatoes, vegan "chorizo", same cheese but this time with hemp seeds. Even better! This time I had watermelon juice instead of the apple juice and it was delicious.

This has become one of my favorite places to have lunch at. The place only opens from Friday thru Sunday. And also for the tourists, unfortunately, they will be closed during the month of July for their vacation time. So if you come in July you have to look for another place to eat.

Overall, the service was great and personal and I guarantee, even if you are not a vegetarian or a vegan, you will LOVE this place!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rosanna L
“Spectacular”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Tucked away in Avenida Americo Miranda is one of the best pizza places ever. I am not much given to hyperbole but this place blew me away. Let’s just list the ingredients sautéed cremini mushrooms, sautéed red peppers, the best homemade vegan chorizo made with chickpeas ever, and eggplant sauce on a whole wheat pie. They also had homemade cranberry juice. So run don’t walk to Peace’n Loaf remember quality takes time so they are open only Friday through Sunday and all pies are made fresh with local ingredients.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank mnegroni
redmond
“The healthiest pizza I ever had!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is a great place to have pizzas. The owner is really passionate about organic food. This place is a delight for vegetarians. We went here twice recently, and had the same thing both times.

She made us a pizza with sprout toppings. Never enjoyed sprouts so much, always used to hate them. But all ingredients here were very fresh and tasty. She has pizzas with healthier bases like wheat instead of the usual unhealthy ones. The cheese dips were also awesome.

We enjoyed this place so much. The owner is a very nice lady, and she even called us a taxi, and helped us get to the airport. I would recommend this place to all people, not just vegetarians. This is the place to taste healthy pizzas.

Note, its a little hard to find this place, the gps usually works, but keep looking for the board, as its easy to pass this place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank krr_trip
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best healthy pizza ever!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been several times and always ask for a different pizza. The pizza are delicious, fresh ingredients, always browned. The veggie burger delocioso! This place for me is excellent and unique. Very good sevice

• Visited November 2013