“Locals Favorite Spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Manolin Old San Juan
Ranked #24 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cafe, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Locals Favorite Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this spot for lunch and the place was packed with tourists and Locals. We waited for about 10 mins before we got a table. The food was very good, and they have freshly squeezed OJ that was very good. I would Def recommend this place. Dnt forget to try out their shrimp mofongo.

1 Thank Emeka U

Portland, Oregon
“Cafe Manolin for Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great Café con Leche and fresh squeezed orange juice. Great prices. Extremely friendly staff. Packed with locals.

Visited January 2014
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“A Taste of Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I recently went to Puerto Rico for a quick stay for her birthday. One of our greatest pleasures while there was walking around Old San Juan. We wanted to eat some authentic Puerto Rican food so we went to Cafe Manolin. I must tell you that I am somewhat of a "diner" guy and the Cafe Manolin fit my needs perfectly. It had a wrapping diner type counter that was super cool and also tables. The look was great but the food and service were even better. My wife had a plaintain lasagna and I had the flank steak. The orders were based on recommendations from our waiter - I am glad we listen.

The food and service were exceptional, the value was exceptional.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Rykman
“Second time still great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Weve eaten breakfast pre cruise twice Here now 2013, 2014 and the food is good, cheap, and the fifties diner style is fun. would definately recommend.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ahahn063
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“locals place near cruise port”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

our cab driver recommended this place. we went for breakfast the next day and at first were skeptical as we were obviously the only tourists in the place. Breakfast was great and so reasonable. They have a juice machine at the breakfast bar they feed oranges into for fresh squeezed orange juice ($4 for more than enough for 2). My egg, bacon and wonderful toast (I thought Cuban toast was my favorite but I think PR toast may have replaced it) breakfast was $3.25 and my husband's omelet with everything you could imagine in it was $4.99. We left very happy. And shortly after we arrived the place filled up not only with locals but many other tourists who had also figured out to go here.

Visited January 2014