“Locals favorite”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 25, 2012

As I work mostly on the Old SanJuan area, I cannot go without having lunch here. This is a puertorican diner at its best. The servers are super nice, the food is excellent example of puertorican cuisine (comida criolla) and for 10bucks you eat like a King/Queen.

As a native, one of the things I hate is overpriced food. And in Old San Juan, there's restaurant that serve food like this, twice the price and less portions. In this place, you'll see office workers at lunch, neighbors, hipsters, chefs from other places. The atmosphere is very vibrant and it does get jam packed for lunch. I highly suggest to go before 12 and after 1:30.

2  Thank Melanisanturce

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Crowded and noisy. Some locals will arrive after you, will order out loud, get served & pay before they even take your orther.

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

best mofongo rellenos on the island! great service and great prices!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great place to enjoy a nice good old fashion egg ommelette, with crispy bacon and freshly squeezed orange juice, at a good price!

1  Thank MNJoaquin
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is the second time we have eaten at this very popular restaurant. We arrived at 1:00 and there were people in line waiting to be seated. The restaurant reminded me of an old fashioned diner with several counters with stools and regular tables along the wall. We sat at the counter and our elderly waiter was phenomenal and what a hard worker. My son spoke to him in Spanish and he asked where he learned to speak Spanish and then gave him a huge smile and a high five. The waiter explained the daily specials which consisted of pulled pork, potato salad, peas/rice for $8.95. My husband ordered a mango smoothie with rum for $5.50 and it was absolutely delicious. My sopa de gallina which was soup with corn, carrots, and chicken was also terrific ($4.95). There was rice and warm bread on the side to put in the soup. Our waiter made us feel like we were old friends. I would highly recommend this "down home" restaurant. They care about quality food and wonderful service and the food is very reasonably priced...a rare find these days. The breakfast menu looked great as well.

2  Thank minnesotans4