“One of our favorites in Old San Juan” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Manolin Old San Juan
Ranked #24 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Cafe, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mayaguez
“One of our favorites in Old San Juan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Usually difficult to find a table, they are all full. It is best to sit by the counter, and the service and menu always comes fast. The food is served within 15 minutes. I have tried king fish, churrasco, liver steak, all excellent. As a side dish, I recommend their mofongo, and arroz con gandules. They have cold medalla beer, very reasonably priced. Not open on Sundays.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank viatgesrjr

Río Piedras, Puerto Rico
“Good, Fast & Economic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

At Manolin they do everything just right. They're food is always good, and the wait is never much. This place is an authentic San Juan diner. When you first walk in you'll notice the distinctive undulating bar. Sit here, there is a waiter assigned to each one of these nooks, and they don't miss a detail. They are what makes Manolin, Manolin.

Order a medium drink (the large is HUGE), I love the Parcha (passion fruit) juice. If you feel you can't find the menu, look down- it's your place mat. Everything on here is good, but try to order one of the day's specials (if you can't find these either, look for the drink sign with a receipt inside, listed on that are the days specials). I am a fan of their Serenata (cod fish and root veggies).

Don't let the three stars on food itself turn you off. The food is good, never have I had an issue here, but it is not "OMG" great. They do what they do and they do it right, consistency in food and service is the name of their game.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank aritiam
Atlanta, Georgia
“Authentic Puerto Rican food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

What can I say but, great food, great price and wonderful staff. One of the best meals we had on our trip was had at Cafe Manolin. My husband had the daily special, a plantain lasagna they called it and I had the Puerto Rican stew. We ate at many pricey restaurants that said they had the most authentic Puerto Rican food, but I have to say none could touch the quality and flavors of the food we had in this small cafe.

Visited March 2011
3 Thank bargin gal
Iowa City, IA
“Really the best meal and service experienced in PR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

Cafe Manolin was a nice authentic diner in OSJ. In PR service is normally lacking, but the waiter here was absolutely fantastic. He took the time to explain to my wife the options that she had on the menu. The food was as good as anything we had on our trip and the prices were fair.

Its not fine dining atmosphere. More like an average diner that you would find in a working class area. When I take my next trip to OSJ I will stop by again.

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank UIGrad02
Maryland
“Delicious local food for bargain prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Cafe Manolin is a long time favorite of locals. We've enjoyed both breakfast and lunch and find the food and service outstanding values. It's cafeteria style seating, no frills, but fresh and tasty options.

• Visited March 2011