“Perfect spot to stay in San Juan”
Condado Beach West Buiding View
Table & Chairs
Sofa
Kitchen
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Maria S
Macomb, Michigan
“Perfect spot to stay in San Juan”
Reviewed March 13, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

My husband stayed at this Stella Maris Condo from March 3rd through the 10th. We had a wonderful time. The building is a little dated, but the location is just perfect. We were on the 8th floor with a Balcony overlooking the ocean. We could not have asked for a better location. It was wonderful falling asleep to the sounds of the waves every night. Joe Galbraith could not have been more pleasant and easy to work with. Jorge, the maintenance man, was also extremely friendly and nice - always smiling, always something nice to say. The location of this condo is perfect - within walking distance of many great restaurants, and a Walgreens and CVS just a short block away. The bus stops are all right there on Ashford Avenue, too. This made it very convenient to get to Old San Juan. Bus fare is only .75 per person (must have exact change) and the buses are clean and most of them look pretty new. The bus drivers were also very pleasant and helpful. We had a wonderful stay and would recommend these condos to anyone. You cannot beat the price. The Marriott next door charges 3 to 4 times as much for a room with an ocean view. It was nice having a small kitchen, too. Many times we would just make a quick breakfast and coffee and sit on the balcony staring at the ocean and "people watching." It is a very relaxing place and VERY secure. You even need a key for the elevator (for the floor you are staying on).

Date of stay: March 2015
Liked best: The incredible view
Liked least: I can't think of anything
Families with young children
LunaBxNY
New York City, New York
“Awesome Oceanfront Condo, A+!”
Reviewed March 12, 2015 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This is my 3rd vacation in the Condado area of San Juan, my 2nd stay in the Stella Maris Condo building itself.

Stay was from 7/9/14-7/14/14 for the studio unit on the 6th floor.

Getting to and from the airport is extremely easy. Taxi's are lined up outside the airport and outside across the street from the building. They are also lined up directly in front of the Marriott which is directly across the street as well.

Having been in this building before, I know it is a great place to be. It's safe, secure and VERY peaceful! The view plus peace and quiet are things I desire highly and I get both here.

The individual owners are what make each condo amazing and I had the pleasure of dealing with Joe.

Joe was very nice, prompt with responses, quite friendly and informative. He took the time to answer all my questions via email, phone, text etc.

You cannot beat the location at all in terms of the view, access to everything such as restaurants, convenience stores, gift shops, beaches, casinos, supermarkets etc.

Even the beach is safe at night to walk, my husband and I took a night time stroll and you will see other people doing so.

Booking was very easy, price CANNOT be beat. Joe lives in the area and will meet you at the apartment in person with the keys. Upon arrival, he took time to go over points of interests, gave us some great tips on where to eat and what to go see.

My suggestion is to use Priority Mail when sending the deposit, it can be tracked easily and only takes 2-3 days. Quick and easy for everyone.

The apartment looks way better in person. I had meant to take pictures to emphasize and show how nice the furnishings are but forgot to do so ...because I was enjoying myself too much :)

Loved the nautical/bird theme, color scheme was pleasant and relaxing.

I found the bed to be quite comfortable, again I have to reiterate that the view is amazing! Nothing like laying in bed and watching the sky and surf.....

Kitchen worked well for our simple cooking needs, stove is very efficient and cooks fast so be aware of that fact and keep an eye on what you are cooking.

We had everything we required for the beach: chairs, cooler etc. Love the fact all you have to do is turn left once you walk outside and there is the beach!

Restaurant recommendations:

Danny's International-Opens early, wonderful pancakes, fast service. Good Food overall.

Waffler Avenue: This is next to Ventana del Mar park. Good lord what delicious waffles....a must try whether for breakfast or dessert.

Di Parma Trattoria: also in the same area as Waffler avenue. A bit on the pricey side but have to admit, the best bruschetta i've had yet...

Cafe Del Angel: my absolute favorite spot for dinner, Loooooooooooooooove the vanilla flan, its the one thing I HAVE to get when i'm down there!

Buns Burger Shop: Good food overall, great shakes and fries.

Joe's unit is one we will definitely return to when that next time comes up.

Thanks a for wonderful, relaxing vacation Joe!

Date of stay: July 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I am very satisfied with everything, no complaints here :)
Liked least: That I had to go home ;p
Your age range 25-34
Maggie L
“10 star rating "The BEST"”
Reviewed February 24, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

I have stayed in many of the condos at Stella Maris and Joe G makes everything flawless. From the very start of communication to the end. The Studio is Clean, well decorated and has EVERYTHING that you could possibly need. Everything was thoughtfully placed and well equipt! My only regret was that I couldn't get 10 days and had to go somewhere else....that you can read on my next review. Again, PLEASE if you are looking for a GREAT STAY...Book this Condo! Close to Marriott (next door) Walgreens CVS all walking distance to restaurants and Casinos. A fabulous barber near La Conch for my guy. You want beach....come here. We come down at least once a year and THIS is the place to go to RELAX!!!

Blancacas...
Olathe, Kansas
“Déjà vu in Paradise!”
Reviewed February 17, 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Joe's Condo last year for the same first two weeks in February and felt that it provided us with a dream vacation. If possible, this year may have been even better! Being in a familiar place with Joe again welcoming us, and getting friendly greetings from Jorge (the maintenance man), and Marrion (the cleaning lady) almost every day we found our vacation more relaxing than last year. I am not going to repeat last years review of Feb 28, 2014. It gives some details about the condo and I can only say that we loved it at least as much this year. If we do not come back next year, it will be because we simply want to visit a different part of the world. We will always be indebted to Joe, Jorge, and Marrion for providing an affordable place for us to stay in this island paradise.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Joe and other people at the condo. And the value received for our money.
Liked least: Wondering if we would be able to visit again.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Mellie468
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Awesome condo can't wait to come back!”
Reviewed February 7, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

First time renting a condo on the internet and all I can say is AWESOME! Joe is great the location is amazing! I almost don't want to rent I'd rather keep it a secret but it deserves a great review! Thank you Joe for sharing your little piece of paradise with us!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
marymA222...
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The Oceanfront Condado Studio was exactly as promised.”
Reviewed October 30, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We spent 5 days in San Juan and the condo we rented was by far the best choice we made. It was right on a beautiful beach next to the San Juan Marriott and on the bus route to Old San Juan. Bus fare is $.75 each way, be sure to have exact change. CVS and Walgreen's is on the corner and a grocery store across Ashford from the Marriott. If one plans to cook in the condo all of the stores will provide what you may need. There are also very good restaurants in walking distance or a bus ride into Old San Juan. We had a wonderful time and hope to visit San Juan again, soon.

Date of stay: October 2014
Liked best: Value
People with pets
jtjcompto...
TN
“This is an excellent property for the cost!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

This condo is an excellent value. It is small, but efficient. The view of the beautiful beach is incredible. We stayed seven days and had a wonderful time. Access to the beach and other venues in the Condado area is simple. We walked to wonderful restaurants and shopping. Joe was on top of everything from the first inquiry. No questions were unanswered and we knew we only had to call if any problem came up. There were NO problems. A wonderful location and an even better value. Thanks, Joe...We had a great time.

Date of stay: July 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The value and the location
Your age range 50-64
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing