“Perfect location!”
Table & Chairs
Sofa
Kitchen
Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Los Angeles, CA
“Perfect location!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

This small,clean, and comfortable and very well equipped studio has many benefits for a week's stay! Very reasonable rental with parking space for a rental car, beach chairs, boogie boards, coffee filters, soap, shampoo, WiFi etc. Functional kitchen appliances. Really enjoyed relaxing on the balcony or laying in bed with the beautiful expansive view of the ocean and beach and the wonderful breezes and smell of the ocean. Perfect location for the bus to Old San Juan or walk to many restaurants and the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico. Next door to the Marriott and the casino. Very secure building with different keys to access the gate, front door, condo floor and the condo. Joe is extremely responsive, welcoming, and very helpful!
The only drawback is the lack of storage space, e.g., for luggage. There are many decorations and knick-knacks throughout the studio that could be rearranged or removed to provide more shelf space. The large driftwood mobile hanging in the bathroom got in our way when using the hair dryer and reaching for toilet paper. The long string of sea shells hung on one side of the shower curtain got in the way of making sure the shower curtain was flat against the wall so the floor was very wet during showers- we solved the flooding by a rolled up towel on the floor.
On Sunday Jan 12 just after midnight we experienced the 6.4 earthquake - there was no obvious damage. However, the next morning the water was no water at 8:15am. We called Joe and we had water by 10am. We were out all day on Tuesday and returned to a notice indicating there was a broken pipe and the plumbers were at work- water returned by 7pm. On Wednesday there was work on balconies so there was some very loud hammering and sounds of electrical equipment, luckily we could escape to the beach for a few hours during the racket.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of storage and many knick-knacks
cobmets8
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“Beautiful Beach View”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Joe was great right from the start. He responded to my message immediately and was open with communication from the end of October (2013) up until our stay in January (2014). When Google Maps crapped out on us driving from the airport, Joe offered suggestions for helping us arrive safely. He met us at our car (free parking!) and guided us around the rental property. There are quite a few keys, but it really captures a place that's safe and secure.

The building is a little worn and the apartment has a kitchy feel to it, but it was perfect for us during our stay in San Juan. We loved having our balcony doors open to hear the waves crashing in. The ocean breeze felt amazing and it really captured why life at the beach is so stress free. The apartment is perfect for two people. The bathroom was clean, there's a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and kitchen sink. The full scale kitchen allows for greater flexibility when it comes to eating in or going out. We chose to eat our breakfast and lunch in-house which allowed for nicer dinners each night.

I am not sure when we will return to San Juan, but I know we will highly recommend Joe's apartment to friends and family who are looking for a beach getaway with easy access to the main restaurants and shops Condado has to offer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ocean front/access to beach
Families with young children
Daniel A
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent Apartment and location”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay at this apartment. Upon arrival, Joe provided us with a map of the Condado area as well as some recommendations for dinner and where to get groceries.

The studio was clean and a comfortable size for my girlfriend and me. It is also perfectly located in that there's the beach, plenty of restaurants, and car rentals/public transportation nearby.

We had the misfortune of booking while they were flushing the pipes (this apparently only happens once/year) and were out of water for about twelve hours. This happened to be the night we booked a Bio Bay tour and knew we wouldn't be back until well after the water was shut off. However, Joe was very helpful and accommodating and provided us with a massive (15 gallon) container of water.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and convenience of the apartment
Liked least: Not a lot of drawers/space to unpack
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Zian10
Seattle, Washington
“Joe's oceanfront condado is the bee's knees!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Before I spill the beans on how incredible the apt was, let me express how grateful I was of Joe's gregarious personality and efficient business ethics. He made himself 100% available from the moment I emailed him inquiries to the followup emails and phone calls leading up to the minute we stepped foot onto Puerto Rican soil. During our stay, the larger apt was unavailable but we got the smaller version on the 3rd floor which I'd say was even better since we were that much closer to the surf. The apt studio was very clean and thoroughly furnished. The selling point of the apt was its location. You literally are right there on the beach and waking up to the sound and smell of the ocean. Walgreens is about 20 steps away and there are restaurants and bars up and down the street. It's also a great starting point for morning runs. The security of your apt is beyond safe...since you literally have to go through five different sets of keys from the gate to your double doored apt. Also, if you rent a car, rest assured; you have a private parking spot! If this is your first trip or 10th to PR, staying at Joe's oceanfront apt will be your best decision you'll ever make and I'll back that up with a shot of rum! You get the whole package here!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and balcony
Liked least: That I don't live there year round.
Traveling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Washington

Reviewed April 23, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
Apr 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and taking the time to clarify the criteria used for your overall rating classification. I understand and appreciate your explanation and while not receiving a higher 5 or 4 star overall rating, I'd like to point out to prospective guests that I did receive a 4.83 average out of 5 stars in each of your individual detailed ratings for the apartment's (6) catagories with 5 - (5) five star ratings & 1 - (4) four star rating.

I've enclosed comments in your follow up email which best sheds light on whether the apartment being compared to European 5 Star Hotels should actually be rated using the hotel rating classification system:

"I was thinking of the 5 star European Hotel rating and your wonderful apartment while having a SUPER beach location would really rate by hotel standards as two or three star. Four stars are usually Marriott's, Sheridan's, Hyatts etc and five star are Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton etc... I would think by condo standards a four or five star would be fairly new and very "slick" with small bottles of premium shampoo, conditioner and lotion, fancy hallways, 24 hour desk people etc etc. The bed is a definite 6 star.. Again as I stated I do not want to stay any where else in Puerto Rico.. I love the homey beach feeling & the price is right!"

Thanks again for your point of view regarding one of my apartments which I believe is best compared to other apartments in the San Juan area w/ similar views and price ranges. As I tell guests, our best amenity is the location w/ a direct view overlooking Condado Beach and just steps away from the beach. While staying at one of my apartments you'll have a " home away from home" and save the difference you'd pay at 5 or 4 star hotels to use on tours, dining and the beverage of your choice!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$115
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing