“Best scuba dive operators in SJ, 1st time or 1000th-these are the guys to go with.”

Caribe Aquatic Adventures
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
Reviewed March 20, 2011

My wife and I just completed a morning session with Tony Vega and what a nice experience. It was my wifes first time and my 3rd but I hadn't been in 20 years. Tony walked us through the equipment on shore, then took us into a nice calm cove and instructed us on how to perform the required tasks.
My wife was as nervous as a cat but Tony really walked her through the steps and had her in the water in less than 30 minutes. After just a few minutes, she was still nervous and asked to come up, which we did and Tony calmed her down and then proceeded to literally hold her hand for the next 45 minutes underwater. Now that is what I call service.
Tony showed us both tons of fish, a huge barracuda named "Fred", a puffer fish, and a spider crab that he got my wife to hold in her hand and she feed them as well. We dove in about 20 to 25 feet of water in a really calm cove right behind the old Normandie Hotel at the end of "hotel row" in San Juan.
We did a 2 tank dive and spent nearly two hours in the water for about $200 bucks and showed up with nothing but our swimsuits on. This was probably the best money we spent on our entire week long trip to SJ. He even gave us certificates of our "discover scuba course". My wife is so proud of hers, she wants to get it framed.
Tony Vega (what a great name!!!) and his wife Karen could not have been more nice. Tony, who is a certified Dive Master takes groups on huge, private dive tours to Culebra and Viequys on his private boat and I am sure they spend a ton more money that we did but he treated us like royalty.
If you never even been in the ocean, Tony will make you feel at home and get you comforatably in the water in no time. He is a total professional with a kind, soft spoken mannerism about him that is rare in this day and age.
My wife and I did tons of stuff while we in SJ. We surfed in Rincon, drove a Harley to El Yunque, went caving and the first excursion we book when we come back to SJ will be with Caribe Aquatic and Tony and Karen.

Visited March 2011