“Most delicious meal I had in PR!”
Review of Cafe Puerto Rico

Cafe Puerto Rico
Ranked #59 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The food and drinks here are divine. They are super busy, so I expected some wait time. They accommodated us pretty quickly. I had the garlic chicken, and it was incredible! My coworker had the mofongo and really enjoyed hers as well.

This place was a little more expensive than some of the other PR restaurants, but it isn't expensive by US standards. Well worth the price and wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)

Reviewed February 14, 2014

we were the first to be seated when they opened. We were last to get our food. IT wasn't really that great for the price either.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

This was are commended spot for local cuisine. It was great. Intimate venue. Great service. All our questions about the cuisine were answered in depth. Friendly. Very tasty food. It was nice to be able to linger, have conversations and not feel like they need to turn the table. I would recommend eating here.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Small restaurant near Plaza de Colon with outside seating. Our server was fantastic!

This was the best meal that we ate in OSJ. I had the Masitas de cerdo encebolladas and DH enjoyed the Arroz con longaniza. The sausage is made in house and so are the desserts.

Great value. We had 2 entrees, 2 drinks, 2 coffees and dessert for under $50. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Crowded but decent atmosphere, food was average and the service was lackadaisical (although I think that is typical in Puerto Rico). When I returned home, I was overcharged by my bank as compared to what my receipt showed I left for tip and total bill. Not sure if it was an accident or intentional changing of the tip by an employee, but a month later the restaurant still has not fixed the error. If you go, I'd recommend paying cash.