“Nice Puerto Rican Food”

Cafe Puerto Rico
Ranked #40 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Nice Puerto Rican Food”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wanted to have a Puerto Rican lunch and went to Cafe Puerto Rico. This place is small but the staff is very fiendly. Food is delicious and prices are very affordable. They have the coldest beer on Old San Juan. Great place. Highly Recommend it!!! Would go back!!

• Visited January 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Temple, Texas
“Great Local food”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This cafe was recommended by the host of our vacation rental as his favorite and boy was he right!
It is small but has a full bar. the drinks were well made and reasonably priced. The appetizer of spanish sausage in wine sauce was truly good. My friend had shrimp and said it was among the best she ever had.. we're from coastal Texas so we've had LOTS of shrimp. I had a pork dish that was also very good. The pace seemed full of mostly locals. The waitstaff were both friendly and attentive. They were also bi-lingual which helped

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank terris991
San Juan
“Excellent place for local food.”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place is excellent if you want to try local food. The service is super and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Ambiance is casual.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Best In Old San Juan”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Was taken here by a local when I asked for the best and most authentic Puerto Rican food in Old San Juan and certainly did not disappoint!

Restaurant was full, so we decided to sit at the bar which I always like because it's fun to socialize with an out of town bartender. He said you're in Puerto Rico so I'll make you some real mojitos and BOY DID HE! Best mojito I've ever had and trust me I've had plenty. It's got a distinctly different taste than the ones in the states.

Of course I was here for mofongo, but the bartender also recommended the sausage in wine with the chipotle sauce and let me just say wow. The wine gave it great flavor, but the sauce was out of this world.

The best part of the meal was however the Mofongo. I was recommended shrimp, but am a big beef fan, so went with the steak yucca Mofongo and as you can see from my picture, it didn't last long. Steak was cooked perfectly and as tender as can be! My local friend said this is authentic excellent Mofongo.

We ended our meal with tres Leche cake and while I like it at home, I loved it here. Was very moist and delicious and the best one I've ever had.

My best meal in PR..I'll be back for the shrimp!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank CTGuy24
New York City, New York
“Authentic taste in Old San Juan”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

loved this little local place. Food was delicious, service outstanding wish I could remember my waiters name who was so helpful in choosing the food, he made our drinks and then gave me a recipe for a xmas drink to make at home, Go there for delicious Puerto Rican food.

• Visited December 2013