“Great food, but only half way there”
Review of Cafe Puerto Rico

Cafe Puerto Rico
Ranked #39 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and i stopped in for authentic Puerto Rican cuisine, and got a delicious meal of yellow rice and chicken with beans as a side, my wife had the the baby back ribs.
it was delicious until we dug into the meat.
My chicken just didn't taste right, as for my wife's ribs? let me clear....the middle was REFRIGERATOR cold! That being said the service is very good, we still ordered a virgin pina colada, which was very good. They just have some work to do in the meat department, someone can get violently ill or worse.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a mixed review; we went for lunch and were seated in an upstairs room. Cosy but a little warm. The drinks and food were a definite 5 (chicken mofongo and asopado with the house special rum drink). We liked it so much that we returned a few days later for dinner; food and drinks a 3 (at best)! Will go back someday and hope to capture that first afternoon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

All I can say is "Ay Dios Mio!" My taste buds were in heaven while I was in Puerto Rico! Cafe Puerto Rico's well-known mofongo is off the charts!

You know when you tell your friends "If I were alone on an island I would have blah, blah, blah?" Well I would want Cafe Puerto Rico's chicken, shrimp, or fish mofongo with Coca Cola!

This place is sooo damn good, my husband who is muslim didn't care there was pork in it!!!!! lol

I cannot wait to go back as I do not eat any mofongo made here in NY as to respect my gastrointestinal's relationship with this place! Any Questions?

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food was really good, the service which in my book needs to be spot on, was exactly that, SPOT ON!! Check this place out and get a mojito.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderful to find this gem next to Plaza Colon... the Asopao was flavorful, full of chicken and cilantro, the mofongo had great taste & texture, and the server brought out a local hot pepper sauce that was hot hot hot and tasty!! The pistachio "flan" cheesecake was great too! Very cool to sit outside and watch people, the park, and the city while eating lunch!!