“Mofongo Bungled”

Atlanta, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mofongo Bungled”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Well I'm all for a little local atmosphere - however, I felt that this was no more than a tourist trap for undiscerning palates. I was disappointed in the food. I ordered the chicken mofongo. I rate my entree in between pedestrian and okay. Not a ringing endorsement for sure.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food; gets crowded”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I'd heard about Cafe Puerto Rico's mofongo and was determined to try it while in San Juan. Little did I know that they close from 3:30 - 5:30pm; so be aware. By 5:15, there was a crowd of people gathered to get inside, so get there early.

I thoroughly enjoyed my chicken mofongo made with plantains and toppped with the creole sauce. Super tasty and very filling!! I couldn't finish it all.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great mofongo!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Excellent food. After eating, did not feel gross like happens at so many restaurants on the mainland. For desert, we had their three milk cake. Simply great!

Bronx, New York
“Perfect meal”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stop by this restaurant for dinner. It was one of those spots that is a hidden gem. We loved every bite and would highly recommend a meal here. I even had the CPR drink. It was strong but worth a try.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“3.5 Stars”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We came here for the Mofongo - and it was good. I got veggie mofongo with garlic sauce and my husband got the steak (recommended by the waiter). We both enjoyed it...but really enjoyed the corn sticks as an appetizer. I'm not sure it was the best food ever, but we enjoyed sitting outside and found it good for the price.

• Visited September 2012