“A piece of Spain in Puerto Rico.”

Triana Tapas & Flamenco
Ranked #82 of 1,007 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Spanish and Puerto Rican Cuisine with over 54 Tapas and over 25 main courses. Live Flamenco Show on Sunday's, Tuesdays and Wednesday's at 7:30 pm and Fridays and Saturdays at 8:30 PM. We have Live dancing music and free salsa lessons on Tuesdays and Wednesday from 8:30 PM on. Live music Sundays from 8:00 PM on. Reservations are recommended.
“A piece of Spain in Puerto Rico.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm not sure where to start when describing this restaurant. I lived in Spain for a year, and I my heart still is in Alicante. I saw this restaurant as we were walking the street, and I had to give it a try. In Minnesota we do not have Spanish food and a day doesn't go by that I don't think of Jamon Serrano.

As we entered, we were treated very warmly by a woman named Rosi. She was incredibly friendly and is married to the owner of the restaurant. Within minutes, both Rosi and her husband were sitting at our table conversing with me about Spain. I cannot describe how welcome they made me feel; I instantly felt like I was back home in Spain.

I have tried most typical Spanish dishes and I must say this was the best Spanish food I have had outside of Spain. They even had my favorite Spanish beer (mahou!!) to top it off. My friend who I was with had never had Spanish food, so I started with the basics: Jamon Serrano, an Iberic plate of ham and cheese, ham croquettes, calamares, tortilla espanol, chorizo, etc. My friend enjoyed the food as much as I did, and said it was one of the best meals he has ever had.

After two hours of enjoying the ambience, food and conversation, Rosi invited us downstairs to see the "flamenco cave". Honestly, I felt like I was in Granada. As we were leaving, Rosi signed us up to get front row seats at the flamenco show this Friday. I am ecstatic to see the show! If you are looking for real Spanish cuisine and people, this is the place to go. I can't wait to go back!

PR
“a lot of flies in your food”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

You can see the pictures ... It was very disgusting... and the gerencial's answers was they can not do anything for the flies and the mosquitoes... They can for example close the main door or put a screen. You can better go to Atlantica Restaurant or there are a lot of options near and they do not have any problem with mosquitoes or flies.

• Visited January 2013
San Juan
“Best entertainment in Old San Juan”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

When I go to this restaurant I'm never disappointed, I always get good food and great service. Everyone is always on tip top condition. The place has a great decoration, it is very colonial. Also it used to be a bank, so they have a vault with the blast door still in place!!! For me it's the go to place when I want to have a good time, also they rent out the basement where the vault is, what you think about that?!?! Thinking about getting the space rented out for my bachelor party.

"Rogerj228" as you said you probably had a waiter that was on a really bad day, also remember some tapas are served room temperature. Next time try to rectify and get what you deserve, if that waiter was not good at all, ask for another or management. Don't stand in the background because if it was a packed night it would be a while until you got a good service. I'm really sorry to hear what happened.

• Visited December 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“It was good”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went there on the Three Kings Day (Epiphany) - one of the biggest holidays in Puerto Rico and found a great Spanish food. I liked it. More than 50 tapas to choose from, good gazpacho, good main courses, plus live music, people dancing.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We walked in this restaurant with low expectations, it was really due to the fact that all the other places we tried were closed (Monday). We ordered the Sangria and different Tapas; everything was really good and the Triana dessert was surprisingly good. I recommend this place for tapas and drinks. The tapas portions are perfect for 2 people.

• Visited December 2012