“Wonderful place! Food is great. Friendly staff and owner”

Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant & bar serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I visited this restaurant when I was in San Juan with my husband. Wonderful place to hang out anytime of the day! Two for drinks! I shared this with friends who plan to visit San Juan.

1  Thank iTGrrl210
Write a ReviewReviews (2,004)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were looking for an authentic Puerto Rican dinner while walking around Old San Juan and found this one on TripAdvisor. We decided to go, despite some recent not-so-great reviews. While walking on our way, we stopped a police officer for directions and after he pointed it out (we were close), I asked him if he'd recommend it - and he said it's one of his favorites - so I had a feeling it would be good. But when I first approached it, I had hesitations because it looks more like an American bar then a really authentic good restaurant, but we were all hungry, and there isn't much else near by. So we sat down outside and decided to take our chances. I will say this - despite the name, there isn't much a "vista" or view - the port is under construction and the restaurant is on a busy street, so I wouldn't recommend it for the atmosphere. But the food was great. Everything we ordered was delicious, fresh and nicely portioned and the service was good with friendly servers. I'll be looking forward to going back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Came in for a cruise a day early and decided to walk around Old San Juan. We had saved a few restaurants using tripadvisor that we thought we might want to try. When we arrived around 7:00 PM the patio was packed. Asked about a table and asked us to come back at 8:00. So glad we did! Had the Steak Tacos with blended rice. I'm usually not a fan of rice but this was so good. Ordered a side of the hot sauce they use on the chicken and dipped my steak tacos in that and what a difference that made, they were also very good. I'd skip the nachos though. Typical canned cheese sauce.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was fair at best. We sat outside and there were pigeons everwhere... smelled like sewage, too. The mojito was good (2-1 is nice!), but the nachos were average (VELVETA! and we got the "chicken" in it... which was ABSOLUTELY Tyson's frozen chicken, and in REALLY small pieces... about a square cm!), they didn't have my beer, and the churrascos was ok... nice presentation and decent flavor... but nothing to make us want to come back. Service was fine. If TA reviewers think this is the best local food, we've got problems. I get stuff in NY which is 10x better at the same price. We wanted more out of this place, but as soon as I saw we were going to be near the cruise ships, I knew we were in trouble.

1  Thank KnightOfNiiii
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Me and my wife were on our honeymoon and asked the cab driver to take us to a place he would prefer and he preferred this place. The fish tacos were the best I've ever had. My wife does not do fish or tomatoes and she loved these! The cab driver also recommended the mofongo with steak or anything really. I had the mofongo with steak and garlic sauce. It was amazing! My wife got the fried pork chops and this rice that had beans and plantains in it that was also amazing. And to top it off, they have 2 for one mojitos everyday, all day! Great place and great service. If I ever come back to Puerto Rico, I'll definitely be going back here!