“Fabulous little hole-in-the-wall”

Ranked #14 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located on the rooftop of the Hotel Milano this lively rooftop restaurant & bar serves up great and authentic Puerto Rican food in an informal atmosphere at great prices. The best Mofongo in Old San Juan. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Mojitos every day from open until 5:00pm! Come check out the best rooftop view of the Old City and enjoy great local food. Family Friendly!
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to find it when we were in Old San Juan. After a bit of searching it turned out to be across from the cruise ship docks on the harbor and at the #1 Trolley stop.

We ate outside, since inside is dark and nothing special, but the food was fantastic. We enjoyed Mohitos that were among the best we had in PR and $8 for two of them. The mofungo was very, very good. I had the steak while the rest of my group chose the pork. The sweet creole sauce was fresh and delicious but my husband swore his garlic sauce was even better. It's hard to get away from plantains in it's many forms when you dine in Puerto Rico but theirs was the best we enjoyed all week.

A place worth going to and it won't break the bank.

1  Thank lajlloyd
There are newer reviews for Punto de Vista Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We have are all over the island and it sure was nice to visit here. The best hole in the wall around. We sat and ate fish tacos and drank flavored mojitos for hours. Dinner and 12 mojitos later walked out with a 45.00 bill. Best bargain in Old San Juan

1  Thank simcoper
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The best kept secrets are places that resemble a hole in the wall. This was the best restaurant I ate at in PR. Not only were their prices just right, they have $2 beers and 2 for 1 mojitos (mojitos are $8).

I had the chicken mofongo with mango sauce which was to die for. I am still craving more. It was packed full of meat. The mango sauce was sooooooo delicious. I regret not ordering one to go and taking it home with me.

My friend had the fish tacos and yuca fritas. He licked his plate clean.

Their portions are not small. They have great lunch specials. It's about $7.50 for an entree and a side dish. The mofongo is not on the lunch special. It was slightly more ($15 I believe but well worth it!) lunch for 2 still came out to only $24 which is nowhere near what we had been paying. The first night we had mofongo that did not compare to this and it was $35!

Punto de Vista takes pride in their cooking and presentation and it shows. They really care about their restaurant and it was refreshing.

1  Thank ErinMarie22
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Okay, we ended up going twice because we were so impressed with the fare! The first night we ate the garlic shrimp mofongo and the churrasco steak...best mofongo in OSJ! The second night we hadthe cheese fries for starters (amazing and huge portion) and our dinner was chicken wraps and fish tacos, also very tasty. The place looks like a hole in the wall, nothing fancy, but the food presentation was gorgeous. Service was super friendly and quick. We loved it...you must go!

1  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food is amazing and unforgettable! I recommend my friends, they love it so much! We got "buy one get one free" mojitos. If you don't need to drive, enjoy the food, the alcohol, the music and the breeze from the sea!

1  Thank Banana L